Lamb Breast (lots o pron)

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw a package of lamb breast, no idea how to cook it, but I figured why not. Most of the posts I saw were a lot of questions, but not a lot of answers. But I knew the Aussie Brethren would come through. Big thanks to Titch!!! :thumb:

1LA6ZvPh.jpg

YiOpe8eh.jpg

Titch said it was called a lamb flap down under... And there's the flap. Kind of looks like a lamb version of full spares. Has all the little pieces of cartelidge in there too.

UYR3m47h.jpg

Trimmed off some of the excess fat. There's a layer of fat in between that you can't get to.

CnhUy5Qh.jpg

And gave it a coat of S&P.

Uqxi46th.jpg

Cut off the flap, figured it would be done way before the remainder. Chef snack...

vz3yiyyh.jpg

Trying some Timber lump. Not to impressed by this bag, maybe I got a mishandled one. Mostly small pieces with some medium pieces.

8f89AE4h.jpg

LrQFE8oh.jpg

On the Big Joe they go with a couple chunks of pecan. 275ish...

IIgIv5wh.jpg

About an hour in...

F0QIDEvh.jpg

Decided to add a "French Onion" probably should have thrown it in sooner. We'll see.

nP1e3Erh.jpg

I'm getting hungry... Snack time.

YfM02Djh.jpg

fjSCjSqh.jpg

Needs more butter.

xkKdaCXh.jpg

And it's done. Didn't even need a reverse sear...

yJYLAF8h.jpg

wopWZdzh.jpg

Plated up...

zthHkZKh.jpg

qo6rAYfh.jpg

Still a bit of fat in there. May go 300 next time, but oh so good...

INKqvj3h.jpg

If you like lamb, you'll like this. Thanks for looking.

That's extremely good! Yes, go 300 or higher next time for a little shorter tine, and still try a quick reverse sear.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Cheers!

Nice, I've got two of those in the freezer right now. I'd nearly forgot they were in there till your post.

I can almost taste it, nice work.

That looks delicious, Andy!

How'd I somehow miss the original post!?

Looks great! One of the more memorable lamb meals I've had was at Emeril's in New Orleans. They slow cooked lamb ribs, dredged them in what I believe was probably rice flour, then deep fried. They were then tossed in some sort of Asian sweet and spicy chili sauce.

They melted in your mouth. So good.

Looks great! One of the more memorable lamb meals I've had was at Emeril's in New Orleans. They slow cooked lamb ribs, dredged them in what I believe was probably rice flour, then deep fried. They were then tossed in some sort of Asian sweet and spicy chili sauce.

They melted in your mouth. So good.

In Bali/Indonesia you can get Pork (short?) and small beef ribs Steamed then deep fried like you said.
Absolute Stunning fingerlicking good

Last edited:
Back