Mom's Pron Pt.8:for Cowgirl,RubThatButt and the rest...

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
After reading Cowgirl's thread I finally got the courage to post some of my Mom's dinner from tonight.:wink:

IMG_0032-1.jpg

IMG_0033-1.jpg

IMG_0034-1.jpg

Great looking pron but, where's the descriptions?

Is that potatoes and rice on the same plate? I love rice with smashed taters.

Oh Man Phubar, that looks good....:-D

Not as good as Jeanie's pig....:rolleyes:

but that sure looks good :-D ....tell your mom; very nicely done

Well phark me phubar!
what am I eating tonight? Greens mixed with taters? Chop in sauce? Only thing I can make out phor sure is the rice ....
tell me and the other more about it.

Okay, a quick search says karbonade is a pork steak cut from the shoulder, more fatty that a pork chop. Greens and taters, got that. I am assuming that Phubar has no idea what his mom does in the kitchen.

Okay, a quick search says karbonade is a pork steak cut from the shoulder, more fatty that a pork chop. Greens and taters, got that. I am assuming that Phubar has no idea what his mom does in the kitchen.

:lol:

....sure....:wink:
Thanks alot guys,sure learning some stuph out here.
Stamppot is a sort of Colcannon.
Dutch people mix their mashed taters with different kinds of veggies.
...it's the same from the looks of those ingredients.
Very traditional out here and most of the time it's eaten in the winter.

@Red:If so that would be a nice addition to my blood!:-D
I like Irish people!

Wife just explained colcannon (a bit of the Irish in her). Thanks to your post I will get to try something new. Fine meal. Thank you Mom.

Spectacular! Nobody does it like Mom. You got me slobbering over those potatoes for sure. Looks like a tasty stamppot from here! I could eat a whole bowl of those. Thanks for sharing!

That looks wonderful Phubar!! Tell Mom I wish I cooked half as good as she does. :cool:
(both of you!)

i made hotspot? (I know I know no pron did not happen... but to my defense that was before I found this site) oh its carrots onion potato water then mash together after they have been boiled... if Phubar can not figure out what I am talking about I'll get my Dutch husband to give me the proper spelling.... either way it was good....

so long story to tell you I would LOVE what You or your Mom kookin' :)

i made hotspot? (I know I know no pron did not happen... but to my defense that was before I found this site) oh its carrots onion potato water then mash together after they have been boiled... if Phubar can not figure out what I am talking about I'll get my Dutch husband to give me the proper spelling.... either way it was good....

so long story to tell you I would LOVE what You or your Mom kookin' :)

:-D

I know what you mean,hutspot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutspot
Posted this link not to long ago on RubThatButt's thread.
Did Jan teach you how to make "snert"?:-D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pea_soup

Now you've done it Phub! I looked at the Pea Soup link to see what Wikipedea says about it and they mention that the Katenspek is bacon that is first boiled and than smoked. Now I want to make it myself :-D

Hgehgehge!
I saw something on the Dutch forum about Katenspek in a flash,it was you!
Noskos smells bacon....
I searched for it a little while but it's hard to find how it's made.

Back