Temp Probe Life ?

thompson238

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Im curious and would like to know what kind of life you guys have been seeing from your temp probes on your temp control units? I have a Iq 110 and I love it but I feel as if the probe failed prematurely . I have done 8 or so long cooks on my performer with the iq but all have been low and slow around 225 deg and I havent had any fires or flair ups. I drilled a hole in the kettle so the wire leads wouldnt get pinched and my probe looks like new but my unit constanly gives the open lid alarm and was told that was the sign of a bad temp probe. I have emailed John at bbq iq and he has been more than help full but I want to know how many of these probes i need to keep in stock for my hobby! Is there any were to buy these probes or would i be better off just buying them from the company that makes the unit? Thanks guys for the info in advance.

A lot depends on how you treat them. I've had 1 or 2 DOA from maverick (replaced ASAP, free) but if you wash them carefully and avoid crimping cables, they would last a while.

Can't say in months or years without knowing usage frequency. Even then would be a guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

I think its hit or miss I have 3 remote thermometers one lasted maybe a year using it maybe 10 times the other 2 are going on 5 years with out a hitch. As far as hours used I cant say but I use them maybe 13-17 times a year.

Back