Who bags the best charcoal briquettes?

I can't believe nobody has waxed poetic about the merits of Cowboy Brand yet. :behindsofa:

You get a free fireworks display in every bag, plus I've got enough chunks of asphalt and concrete to pave my driveway. What more can you want? ... petrified mice and snakes? Yeah, got those too! :thumb:

Nastiest stuff on the market. You failed to mention nails too.
(Must have come from old shipping pallets or tore down housing debris.)

For briqs I really like the Trader Joe's stuff (rebadged Rancher). Works great, good price, easy for me to get. :thumb:

I've been using Stubbs with mixed success. Some bags seem to have good heat/low ash, but others don't seem to have the same product. Takes two bags to match what I usually get out of a single bag. Read reviews and posts about where and when it was bagged... may have something to do with it. Got a hold of a bag of Royal Oak Chef Select at the Natl BBQ Cup last weekend. That stuff is awesome but its marked not for resale. I found Chefs Best at DoItBest.com... is that the same stuff?

I've been using Stubbs with mixed success. Some bags seem to have good heat/low ash, but others don't seem to have the same product. Takes two bags to match what I usually get out of a single bag. Read reviews and posts about where and when it was bagged... may have something to do with it. Got a hold of a bag of Royal Oak Chef Select at the Natl BBQ Cup last weekend. That stuff is awesome but its marked not for resale. I found Chefs Best at DoItBest.com... is that the same stuff?

Yup, same stuff! I love it and use it for comps :thumb:

I've been using Kingsford, but really don't like the heavy ash production on long cooks. I ordered a bag of Royal Oak Chef Select from Do It Best, but it hasn't come in yet. I am looking forward to trying it, with all the positive reviews it has garnered.

I've been using Kingsford, but really don't like the heavy ash production on long cooks. I ordered a bag of Royal Oak Chef Select from Do It Best, but it hasn't come in yet. I am looking forward to trying it, with all the positive reviews it has garnered.

You're gonna be cookin' like a Northerner in no time!
Great stuff.

Back