Quick questimation on Turkey and Butt cook times please

Thespanishgrill

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Throwing on my first go with Boston Butt, it's a 6.7 pounder, then I have 3 medium size turkey breasts on the bone.
Can you give me a rough time table for cooking at 265-275 ?

Thanks all and happy cooking today.

What cooker are you using? Reason i asked is because UDS type of heat (direct)cooks a tad faster.

I'd guesstimate @ 275 the butt should take a little over an hour per lb and the turkey will take 45 minutes a lb. Gotta go probe tender on the butt and 165 IT in the thickest part of the poultry.

Dry water pan? Oh make sure to have the poultry on the bottom rack and pork up top

dry pan, I was going to foil the butt when it hit 165 then the turkey should be able to fit on the top rack next to it I would guess ?

dry pan, I was going to foil the butt when it hit 165 then the turkey should be able to fit on the top rack next to it I would guess ?
I go no foil but Yea that's fine..just didn't want to see your poultry contaminate your pork

ok thanks, now if i go fat side up at 275 what time per pound would you estimate for the butt and the turkey breasts ?

ok thanks, now if i go fat side up at 275 what time per pound would you estimate for the butt and the turkey breasts ?
Turkey won't take more than that and the butt I go fat side down on vertical cookers. The butt shouldn't take much more than 8 hours give or take. All meat has a mind of it's own so who knows!

Back