First attempt at tri-tip: Tomato Basil Pesto and Tri-Tip Sammiches!

peeps

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
First TD and first attempt at tri-tip.

Marinated for a couple hours with some EVOO, jalapeno infused balsamic vinegar, and some SPOG.

Had the mini WSM going for some time trials and a brisket flat, so I added it once I brown paper bagged the flat with the plan to smoke at ~250F and then reverse sear.

Doing it's thing while I watched the Cowboys lose...

Pulled the pot off the mini to get the coals piping hot for the reverse sear...

Pulled it off about 130F and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.

Sliced it up and made tri-tip sandwiches with sliced pepper colby jack and sun-dried tomato basil pesto with a side of corn also mixed with the above pesto and spinach dip bites.

Wife wasn't too big of a fan. She would have preferred it to go another 10-15 degrees or so...I know...she cray cray! ;)

Everything sounds and looks perfect, except your Cowboys!

The wife can always microwave it to her favorite shade of gray.

Everything sounds and looks perfect, except your Cowboys!

The wife can always microwave it to her favorite shade of gray.
lol...thankfully, I don't live and die by the Cowboys! I would have been dead long ago! I am a fan because I'm Texas born but never lived in Houston, so I picked the Boys as a kid.

NCAA football is more my gig but the Horns aren't doing me much better this year.

I told my wife the same about the leftovers. ;)

Nice cook peeps. If your wife ever doesn't like something just let me know. I'll come clean up.

Nice cook peeps. If your wife ever doesn't like something just let me know. I'll come clean up.
haha! but I'll be armed with a fork and a knife :wink: I think 17.5 years of finishing her plates got me where I am today! ;)

Back