Wally World select brisket

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Took a drive out to see what was in the meat case at the local Wally World. Out of the 6 briskets, one had a decent flat...the others tapered down to almost nothing. She was also nice and flimsy so I took her home. Had a decent fat cap but she did need some trimming. Pic #2 shows what a bad hangover can do to your trim job. Anyway, seasoned her up with black pepper and sea salt and put her into a 325 smoker. The nice slice on the top of the flat in pic #3 was compliments of the packing plant...no extra charge.

Wrapped her when she looked pretty and pulled her when she probed right. Was torn to shreds by the pack of hyenas in my house before I knew it so I only got 2 post cook shots...one of her peeking out of the paper post cook, and one pic of what was left.

Last edited:
That briskey looks great.
I have found a few keepers at walyworld also.
jon

Looks great! I have found that a few hours of inhaling wood smoke and downing some smoked meat is the best hangover cure out there...

Nice cook! Aint a thing wrong with select grade you just have to cook it right.

Looks great! I haven't had good luck at our wally world but this gives me hope :grin:

I found one at Wally World which I think will make for some good eating. But my wife developed some teeth problems so into the freezer it is. Yours gives me more confidence that mine when I can get it smoked will come out good. :thumb:

Ah the old Hangover Trim Job... been there! I've had pretty good success with WW selects too. Yours looks great.

Back