• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Breakfast on the old woodburner

That is absolutely lovely Jeanie. :clap: Biscuits & gravy & chicken fried steak just make sense together - it's meant to be!

How did you like the light weight CI skillet? Any difference in evenness of cooking?

"........and called it good" she says. Talk about an understatement! WOW, WOW, WOW, I'm just drooling here.

Beautiful cook as always Jeanie, I can always count on you to make me hungry:wink:.

KC

All I can thnk to say is "Damn"!

dang I am starving now....

Looks great!

Thank you John and aawa!

That is absolutely lovely Jeanie. :clap: Biscuits & gravy & chicken fried steak just make sense together - it's meant to be!

How did you like the light weight CI skillet? Any difference in evenness of cooking?

Thanks Greg! I liked the skillet, it's about 1/2 the weight of my other CI skillets. I hope it's heavy enough to stand up to campfire cooking. Just used it for chickenfrying the steaks and making gravy so I didn't notice if it's going to cook evenly. I'll give it a few more tests before deciding how well I like it. I'll let ya know. :grin:

That looks Great!!!!!!!!

Thank you RT! :grin:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
"........and called it good" she says. Talk about an understatement! WOW, WOW, WOW, I'm just drooling here.

Beautiful cook as always Jeanie, I can always count on you to make me hungry:wink:.

KC

KC thanks!! :becky:

WOW That looks really really really good If it would have done any good I would hjave eaten my monitor Awesome :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Thank you Bludawg and Chris! :grin:

WOW! That breakfast looks like it was made in heaven. Would you mind sharing the biscuit recipe?

WOW! That breakfast looks like it was made in heaven. Would you mind sharing the biscuit recipe?

Thanks Eric! They're pretty basic biscuits.
I mix together
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 TBS sugar
and 1 tsp of salt

then blend in 1/4 cup of shortening

when shortening is blended in well add 3/4 cup of milk.
Mix together with your hands.
I formed these biscuits pretty thick but you can roll the dough out and cut into smaller biscuits.

I fried these in a little bit of butter on medium low heat and then moved them to the cooler side of the grill (with the grill lid closed) so they would rise while baking. I didn't time them but if you bake these in an oven I use 450F for about 12 minutes.

You can add herbs and cheese to the dough. They're pretty tasty that way too.

Thanks again Eric, hope you have great luck with them!

I always seem to catch your posts when I'm already hungry, and this is no exception. Wow that looks good, but to have a breakfast like that would take more time than I allow myself on weekdays. Sure looks good though...

I always seem to catch your posts when I'm already hungry, and this is no exception. Wow that looks good, but to have a breakfast like that would take more time than I allow myself on weekdays. Sure looks good though...

Mike thanks so much! I agree with you...it's more of a weekend brunch than breakfast. :grin:

Awesome! My kind of breakfast...
Thank you jaktv! :cool: :grin:

Back