• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday rib cook

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So a friend of ours brought us over a tractor tire for the kids to use as a sandbox, so I offered to cook them some dinner as a thank you. He asked for ribs--here's how it went down...

Took some spares:

Trimmed them St. Louis style:

Rubbed it all down with my house rub. Flap meat went on for ~1 hour over RO lump with some cherry and pecan at ~250° to get some flavor. Then, chopped it up, and into the CI DO with some onion and garlic that I sauteed in some bacon grease, along with a big farkin' can of baked beans. That went onto the lower grate on the WSM underneath the ribs and tips.

Went for ~5 hours at 250 - 275°C until they all probed tender with a toothpick and passed the bend test.

Sliced 'em up:

and served with the beans:

and some strawberry-rhubarb cobbler for dessert since the rhubarb in the yard is just begging to be eaten:

Turned out great! Now I just need to go and get about 2 paycheck's worth of sand to fill up that tire :doh:

Maybe you can barter some pulled pork for sand, lol.

Nice looking ribs and beans too!

KC

I like the way you think! of course, I could just save some money and skip the sand--the kids have been enjoying the mud pit so far :tsk: I had to hose my little one off for ~5 minutes so he was clean enough to go take a shower :shock:

Back