Hardwood Lump Coal

Cyber Chef

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Trying to find a local supply here in Albuquerque, was wondering if anyone had a good source for getting quality hardwood lump here they could point me to. I did find a wood stove shop on Eubank but never heard of the lump coal they have, called "Good..." something or other.

Otherwise need a good online shop to buy from. I have viewed nakedwhiz but have not found online sources for any really good lump coal.

I was using Kingsford charwood, but looks like it is discontinued, and I have been very discouraged with cowboy lately which I can get readily but the quality has dropped so much over the last year or two from my first use of it.

Last ACE I checked did not carry any coal usefull for smoking

If that "Good..." something or other is Wicked Good Charcoal it's worth the drive to get it.

They sell Royal Oak at Walmart around here which is pretty good stuff for the money. Of course I'm just assuming you have a Walmart close by.

I prefer the Wicked Good though it seems to burn longer, the bags have larger chunks and the ash is minimal.

Unfortunatly I know it wasn't wicked good. I was looking at buying some of that online since nobody carries it here in New Mexico.

Here in Nevada I have found some lump at lowes and home depot and have found lump charcoal at Smiths ( our local Grocery store) it is the Kroger brand but I have had decent luck with it (FWIW)

Back