Brockport BBQ Fest - July 31 and August 1 LETS MAKE A DEAL!

B

brockportbbqfest

Brethren-

I have received a little feedback last evening and I am very appreciative of it.

Our comp is a first time comp and I am sure we will have some speed bumps. I can assure you though that I have a great deal of experience in running events and we have a great team. One of the items of concern was being a Jack Qualifier. I don't anticipate we would get enough teams to be a qualifier in our first year. I do expect our State Championship Proclamation however, which I believe gets our winner a spot in the American Royal and also get us in the lottery for a Jack Spot. If anyone could clarify that would be great.

Some concern as to what you are going to get for your money at Brockport.
1. Space size is actually 27x20 - not the 20x20 that is on the reg form.
2. Free Water and Electricity
3. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday Reception on Friday Evening
4. Organizers that understand that it is imperative that we are team centric. Our goal is to take care of teams so they come back.
5. Two stages of entertainment
6. We are the only comp East of Indiana on that weekend.
7. You can get KCBS Points, NEBS Points, and Empires State points.
8. Almost certain that we will have 100% CBJ
9. Experience Reps in Ken and Kathi Dhaki
10. Cleaning deposit is returned upon event completion. We don't want to nickel and dime anyone but we have to make sure any extra cleaning cost we incur are paid.

If price is holding you back let me throw out a small incentive. Mention this post (put brethren on your reg form and pay only $200 for the KCBS Comp and only $75 for the NEBS Comp, or $275 for both comps and the Chili Cook-off)

50 for 50- You guys get me to 50 teams for the KCBS and put Brethren on your registration form and We give you each a check back so that all you pay for the KCBS is $175, that's 50 off the regular price)

I know Roc City is a first rate comp and I hope we have a comp in a year or two that is as well run and well attended. The only way for us to improve is for us to do it and get your feedback.

Anyone with any suggestions please drop me a note. Feedback is really wanted!

Hi Rob,

The Governor's Proc is important for the Invitationals, and so is KCBS Sanctioning. You only need 15 teams your first year to be considered a State Championship, where your GC is entered into the Jack Draw and the American Royal Invitational. If you've got all those components, you should be good to go. Be patient, you're still 7 weeks out.

If price is holding you back let me throw out a small incentive. Mention this post (put brethren on your reg form and pay only $200 for the KCBS Comp and only $75 for the NEBS Comp, or $275 for both comps and the Chili Cook-off)

Does this mean we can enter the KCBS only for $200 or is it only with the package deal? Also, what about the late fee? June 15th seems a bit early for a late registration fee. Being that most teams procrastinate when it comes to sending in registrations, wouldn't July 15th seem like a more appropriate late date?

You can get the KCBS alone for $200. We have $5000 in prize money, plus the GC comes back Free and the RC comes back Free the next year. We have word from the Governors Office that the Proclamation will be here soon. Spoke to Karen at KCBS and we should be good to go to be a Jack Draw and the Royal. If all the teams that called or emailed and asked me who else was coming actually registered and showed up I would be at about 17 teams today, enough for the State Championship. We have another event running in conjunction with the BBQ Fest so we have got lots to do, that is why we are trying to get the the late fee. done early. We will waive the late fee if you email me and let me know you are coming.

We got the Proclamation! State Championship.. American Royal and Jack Draw qualifier! Hope lots of you guys decide to register! Drop a post if you plan on coming.....

Thanks Red Valley BBQ. Still looking for some teams to win part of the $5000 purse! If you are interested message me and we can work out the details!

Back