• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Multi Meat Cook! Pron

Tony A

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
First cook where I'm doing 3 different meats hopefully this all goes well I will be posting pics start to finish so hopefully you will all follow and comment to help me out throughout the day !

This beautiful 10.5 pound shoulder was put on at 8 am with my home made rub pit set at 275 with a little mix of apple and oak

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 258
Looks like you are off to a good start. Which cooker(s) are you using and what are the other meats, and do you have a target time for getting it all done? The more details you provide, the more these fine folks around here can help.

Have fun,
KC

Using the primo xl for all of this I have a 6 pound brisket and 3 racks of ribs left to throw on hope to have everything served by 6 or 7

Cook going good soo far here is the briskey rubbed and resting out waiting to go on soon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 243
Briskey just went on I say we looking pretty good so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 204
Any particular reason that my brisket went on at 10 and IT is already 125??? Should I be concerned?? or wait for the stall all is well?

Any particular reason that my brisket went on at 10 and IT is already 125??? Should I be concerned?? or wait for the stall all is well?

Its all good.. it will take its time unless you got a kobe brisket! :twitch: No Worries! :biggrin1:

The brisket is fairly small; 6 hours should be on the long side, may be more like 5, perhaps even as short as 4.5 hours. Watch it (not looking, I mean) carefully. When the temps get over 200 on it start checking for tenderness if you can. If not, just remove it at about 5.25 hours, have or put it in foil, wrap 'er up in a towel and set it in a cooler (used as a warmer) until 6pm.
So, you may be taking this off around 3:15 or 3:30, give or take. No worry. Glad it's done earlier than later...

You're going awesome!

What Downhome said. You're good. There is and will be a stall, probably around 150-170 degrees, give or take.

The temp is rising fast because it wasn't cold when it hit the pit.

If you haven't foiled your butt and brisket and are/were going to do so, about now is a good time to do so.

Ribs went on at like 12:15-12:30 what time should I foil them and what are my next steps after foiling the ribs?

Back