Bay Area/Norcal Bash Saturday Nov 17th

yzahyjuv.jpg

yzatyta2.jpg

ety7ezeg.jpg

Fantastic food. Looks like the weather cleared up for you all.
When I see my boss on Monday, I'm gonna kick him in the scrotum.

Great to catch up with you guys today. Thanks to BBQPD and his wife Deny for hosting at their BBQ shop.

Yes the family and I had a great time. All of the food was amazing!! I thought I was going to have to lay down in the back of the truck while the wife drove cause I ate to much lol. Thanks again all and look forward to more of these!!

Mike

Ok wanted to ask again.....

Tim (withe Green Bay shirt lol) what did u use on the chicken thighs?

Dave - what mix did u use on the wings that cooked out from with the pineapple seasoning and how did u prepare them.

Thanks!

Mike

Dave - what mix did u use on the wings that cooked out from with the pineapple seasoning and how did u prepare them.

Thanks!

Mike

OK Mike, I used "Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk spicy seasoning. The only place I have found it locally is Cost Plus, but you can buy it on line. It's pretty much a paste, so I used about 2 tablespoons of it with equal parts of olive oil. I marinated the wings for about 3 hours, then gave them a heavy dose of Dizzy Pig Pineapple head. Here's the easy part, put them in a 275* smoker for about 1 1/2 hours, or until golden and somewhat crispy, and don't forget the very enjoyable ice cold drinks while those babies are making magic, and you know the rest :mrgreen:.

What a great Bash with great folks. A big thanks to all those who braved the weather, which really wasn't all that bad. And a huge thanks to all that contributed to the food coma I am experiencing right now. There was so much good food, I can't even begin to decide who I want to blame for my coma, but for sure Marty and John had a big part in it, but let me tell you, there was so much outstanding chow on the table, you're all to blame :mrgreen:. And a huge thank you to Oak Pit, Mister Tim, for the very great beers. That was some awesome brews :thumb:. Thank you all again for a great day, and we'll do it again in the spring.

And that was some awesome chicken, so you are partially to blame for my food coma, but so worth it :biggrin1:. And many thanks again for the Mirror Pond, cause great minds think alike :thumb:.

Thanks to you and Deny for hosting, it was a great time :thumb:

It was a long but fun day of cooking & overeating!

Here's a bunch of pics of the whole day.

After a we put up the first canopy:
IMG_3363.jpg

L-R Mrs Sir Porkalot (Lady Porkalot? :) ), Odin The Dog, Groundhog66, Sir Porkalot, MartyLeach

Up to 4 canopies with the arrival of Igotgas, mikeyd, their families & a brief but decent amount of rain:
IMG_3373.jpg

THE FOOD

Marty's messy but flavorful hot wings in various stages:
IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

The quiche experiment I decided to try in the Mini Egg (the thought of a nine inch pie being shielded by a 7 inch pan = direct heat on the outer crust didn't cross my mind until it was too late):
IMG_3372.jpg

Marty's pastrami #1(it flew off the board so fast I only got this pic of the remnants:
IMG_3375.jpg

My brisket:
IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

BBQ PD's tri-tp chili:
IMG_3377.jpg

Groundhog's beans:
IMG_3377.jpg

Some salad & dessert (from mikeyd's family):
IMG_3377.jpg

White chicken chili from Igotgas:
IMG_3383.jpg

Marty's paella:
IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

BBQ PD's ribs & Groundhog66's thighs:
IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

My pulled pork pizza:
IMG_3393.jpg

My cookies (baked on the hasty bake & placed on a cold kettle to cool a bit):
IMG_3414.jpg

BBQ PD's wings:
IMG_3418.jpg

Someone really enjoyed your ribs Dave!
IMG_3421.jpg

And a group shot (missing Odin The Dog & Sir Porkalot)
IMG_3411.jpg

L-R ?? (Two lucky customers arriving at the right time), oakpit, Doug (not sure if Brethren), Deny, One Hump, Groundhog66, One Hump's daughter, Old Smoke, One Hump's son, Igotgas family, BBQ PD, MartyLeach, Righteous Ric, mikeyd family, R2Egg2Q

Thanks Dave & Deny for hosting a fun bash!

Awesome pics John!! If only they could taste those pics they would know just how good it was today lol. Thanks for the cute pic of my daughter :).
Btw love the repeat of the tritip for a few pic descriptions like your tryin to tell everyone somethin lol.....now u can fix them lol
Thanks again to all!

Mike

D'oh! :doh:

That's why posting while suffering from sleep deprivation and a severe food coma is not a good idea. I was literally nodding off writing that post and went to sleep immediately after sending it. I've missed the window to make an edit.

Here's the pics:

BBQ PD's tri-tip chili:
IMG_3379.jpg

Groundhog's beans:
IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

Mike - that rice pudding you guys made was really tasty. I brought some home to my wife & my MIL and they both really liked it.

Outstanding!!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time and not surprizingly some great food too. :thumb:

I must ask if that desert mikeyd brought is portuguese arroz doce? It sure looks like it from here. :hungry:

IMG_3382.jpg

Mike - that rice pudding you guys made was really tasty. I brought some home to my wife & my MIL and they both really liked it.

Thanks for the great pics everybody and especially thanks to Dave and Deny for hosting this event at their store. I knew this would be a great time unless it got too windy, which it didn't. That was a lot of fun and can't wait to do it again!

I made it home about 1/2 an hour ago still full...... :doh:
Thanks for all of the pics....... Yep! it was all GREAT! I should know......
'Cuz I sampled at least one hmmmmmm.......well maybe a couple of EACH, starting with Dave's breakfast dish (forgot the name) at about 9a and finished day with scrumptious rice pudding (about 4:30p).
You are all guilty of contributing (in a good way) to a miserable night in my motel room.........Thank you very much :shock:

I enjoyed seing familar faces and meeting some new folks...Thanks to all, I had a great time. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

A BIG......Thanks! :clap: to Dave 'n Deny for letting us hold our group therapy session in your back yard.....:shock:

OK Mike, I used "Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk spicy seasoning. The only place I have found it locally is Cost Plus, but you can buy it on line. It's pretty much a paste, so I used about 2 tablespoons of it with equal parts of olive oil. I marinated the wings for about 3 hours, then gave them a heavy dose of Dizzy Pig Pineapple head. Here's the easy part, put them in a 275* smoker for about 1 1/2 hours, or until golden and somewhat crispy, and don't forget the very enjoyable ice cold drinks while those babies are making magic, and you know the rest :mrgreen:.

Hey!! I thought you were going to keep that a secret? haha....wish I could have made it by, all the food looks great and sounds like you all had a blast.
Next Time!

Guys, looks like a great time was had by all, wish I had been there. I do hope to be able to attend the next one so I will be checking the site daily to continue to lean as well as find out the date of the next gathering.

Looks like a great time was had by all, I am disappointed to miss the Bash. Hopefully the next one.

Back