Question about entering rub and sauce contests.

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have looked around the forum and on the web for information on how to enter rub and sauce contests. I cannot find the info I need. Specifically, entry forms and rules. Are they very many contests for this stuff, or am I looking in the wrong place.
All help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Bryan, it seems that each of these contests have their own set of rules. Most of them are pretty wide open but you might want to check with each organizer before entering.

Sauce is probably the #1 unsanctioned category held at many sanctioned competitions. Largely anything goes from what I've seen. Like Dave said above, you'll want to ask each organizer before entering.

Rub, I dont recall ever seeing a rub competition.

Sauce is probably the #1 unsanctioned category held at many sanctioned competitions. Largely anything goes from what I've seen. Like Dave said above, you'll want to ask each organizer before entering.

Rub, I dont recall ever seeing a rub competition.

Then how do you get entered for the Am. Royal contest? I have looked on their site and can't find the info.

I have done Memphis in May for sauce two years in a row (10th & 8th) and all they say is what the base should be (mustard, tomato or vinegar) and here is a cup!

Back