Alberta Barbeque 24x50(ish) build thread.

Its done guys!!! I should get it today or tomorrow!!!

9EVMtjG.jpg

And here it is in the crate

awr7Sb0.jpg

Now I need suggestions on what kind of equipment I need to handle getting the wood to size. I do not even own an axe or hatchet. Recommend away brethren!

Phad

I don’t own a stick burner or one of these devices, but everyone here seems to love the kindling cracker, and they say to get the XL size. A large hammer or small mallet would probably be necessary too.

What a fantastic looking pit! Get an xl kindling cracker and a 3-4lb sledge. No need for axe and maul etc. congrats again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well its here guys, thanks for all your help. The smoker ended up breaking through the bottom of the skid during shipping so after an hour an struggle and LOTS of sweat. It had to be taken out of the crate in the truck and most of the pallets in the truck could not really be moved so it was a tight space. But we got it out, thank god the truck driver we patient and helped.

ADufH6r.jpg

dY5pKPU.jpg

It was raining lie crazy the day it got here so I had to tarp it and then season it today. Wiped the rust and debris off with mineral spirits, then sprayed the inside with cooking spray and wiped the outside down with boiled linseed oil.

Then fired it up
W6XTLdf.jpg

Ftk6ImQ.jpg

Some close up shots of it holding temps and the collector
AgWTLKj.jpg

1TpsnGZ.jpg

If you have any questions please let me know.

Phad

That’s a really good lookin’ cooker!

Congratulations!

She looks like tons of fun!

Photos are darned near life-size... might consider a resize if you don't want to end up in my living room in NM. :roll:

Fire up the break-in fatty and get that thing dirty!

Awesome man! Congrats. I really like that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back