• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My best ribs yet! - AKORN - Pron

fmm1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well I finally hit the flavor profile I was looking for which was salty sweet, with a hint of heat. I knew I hit it when my wife said "WOW! The best ones yet!". We both like dry ribs. I prefer no sauce and she just likes to dip... I guess it's a woman thing. :loco:. Anyhow. The only issue i'd been working on was nailing down the 3-2-1 method for my smoker, a CharGriller Akorn. Last week I did some ribs and the 3-2-1 made the ribs absolutely fall apart. Super tender and juicy and flavorful but just not perfect ribs I want. Well today I did a 3.5-1-1. They were just about perfect! Tender with a perfect crust, and just enough pull to enjoy eating them! It really makes me wish i'd done 3-4 racks to share with the neighbors! Oh well they can just bask in the smoke. :laugh: I did a much better job cutting them this time too!

Enjoy!
2-10-13ribs_zps9fca9d60.jpg

You score!!!!!!!!!! Great.............pass a plate over her please.......:grin:

Great looking ribs, practice pays off, just keep cooking them. Remember the Brethren will always eat the leftovers.

Love the color on these. I'm sure they where as good as they look

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

No sauce. They look a bit dry in the picture.

You need to vacuum seal 4 to 6 ribs and overnight them to me so you can prove me wrong. I'll be waiting.

Looking good. I have a acorn and feel the same as you 321 is to much. I do a 2.5/1.5/1 at 225-250. Comes out perfect every time.

Back