Steak Rub??

bfraze99

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Thinking of going beyond my normal Salt&Pepper rub. For my bone in Ribeye

Ideas???????????

Montreal seasoning? You could go with more of a Santa Maria flavor which essentially is S&P with garlic and some other additional spices. The other day I cooked a ribeye with Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow rub on it and it was fantastic. The options are limitless. It all depends on what you are looking for.

I have tried lots of stuff on steak, and it's really hard to beat McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning.

IMO, if you have a good steak, anything past S&P you put on it is making it worse instead of better. The only thing besides coarse salt and pepper I will add to a good steak is some herbed butter after it's seared.

Im going with S&P with some paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic and onion powder

I have always been a S&P on steak guy... Meat should be good.

Just looking outside the box today...

Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Sometimes a touch of freshly crushed garlic.
I sometimes put garlic butter or garlic and parsley butter on the side. A little Parmesan cheese adds a bit of a kick.
Anything more is a bad thing.
A good cut of steak should be kept simple.

Bob

i use ted & barney's because its my family seasoning it has salt,pepper,garlic powder ,and chilli powder good stuff!

Crush a clove or two of fresh garlic, rub steak(s) with crushed cloves and EVOO, salt and pepper and done. Use leftover garlic for anything else your cooking.
Making sure that salt is Kosher and pepper is freshly cracked.

Last edited:
Crush a clove or two of fresh garlic, rub steak(s) with crushed cloves and EVOO, salt and pepper and done. Use leftover garlic for anything else your cooking.
Making sure that salt is Kosher and pepper is freshly cracked.
:thumb:

For a commercial rub I like Weber burgundy beef rub on beef. I have been even known to put some on a brisket. Regards.

i use store bought steak rub, some folks swear against it but i'm ok with that. texjoy steak seasoning and montreal steak seasoning are both excellent!!! ....just use moderately.

Montreal Steak with a lil lemon pepper is amazing

Southern Flavor Charbroil Seasoning works well.
Todd's Dirt is good.
So is Lawhorn's Signature Seasoning.
Can't go wrong with salt and pepper either.

Back