View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #15
Smiter Q
is One Chatty Farker

IMPORTANT RECIPE UPDATE!!

Hi All,

Glad to see that you think this is helpful.
I had fun doing this tutorial, and am glad to be of assistance.
My parole officer always says that I should be a productive member of society!......
Hehe <joke>

IMPORTANT NOTE ON SALT!!!
The 1/2 tsp of SALT amount was when I used to use 1+1/2 cups of oil.
Recently I cut the oil down to 1 cup, as I think it makes a "richer" and "creamier" Mayo. On your first batch of the MAYO, perhaps start with 1/4 Tsp of salt... and add more if you think you want to on your next batch. My GF likes more salt... I like less. Just be cautious, as the one thing that I think can kill this recipe is too much salt. ALSO.. If you are using a salty rub, adjust accordingly!

I use a super fine Kosher salt. If you use regular table salt I would recommend 1/4 tsp.
on your first attempt as it is saltier than Kosher or Sea Salt

What I do is take 1/2 cup of Kosher salt and grind it in my baby food processor until it is talcum powder like consistency, then use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt. I learned this trick for salt from the crazy and cool Alton Brown. He did it to make popcorn salt. You know, the really fine salt that sticks to popcorn with a dusting? Well this ground salt is GREAT for that too, and any other recipe where you want the salt to dissolve quick.

NOTE: The pic below is updated to show the adjusted salt amount..
**If any mod can switch this pic with the one in the first post.. that would be helpful for all. Thanks!**

**If any mod can switch this pic with the one in the first post.. that would be helpful for all. Thanks!**

Anyhoot.. this is my SALT EDITORIAL!

Brian: Weber: OTG + Lime Performer - - Keeping the Armor On - Eph. 6:11

Last edited by Smiter Q; 08-20-2010 at 01:27 PM..
Smiter Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->