Weber smokefire shipped

So I ordered a SmokeFire, before I got it, problems started arising, then I get the call mine was in and I turned it down. I just didn’t see a reason to pay to be a crash test dummy!

My thought was version 2.0 would be ready to cook on and I’d buy one then.

After the way the problems of the grill were handled, or not handled, however you wanna look at it, pretty sure I wouldn’t buy version 2.0 no matter what.

Back to pondering between MAK and Yoder, but for now the GMG just keeps puffin’.

Would love to see you join the MAK family :)

On a side note, I had a very uneventful day of cooking on my MAK today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto! Turned it on and all it does is this... [emoji4]
9defa37e6084656fe35b591b18afa039.jpg

Just working on a simple reverse seared tri-tip. A few more mins and it’ll be ready to sear.
cf4a34e3ce1643b5361ca83070a5fbfe.jpg

Looks great!

Here is Baby Back Maniac’s review of the MAC 2 star general. There were no problems, the internet programmable controller looked awesome, and he loved it! :thumb: https://youtu.be/l6JZwO0HKhk

Looks great!

Here is Baby Back Maniac’s review of the MAC 2 star general. There were no problems, the internet programmable controller looked awesome, and he loved it! :thumb: https://youtu.be/l6JZwO0HKhk

Thanks for posting that video I hadn’t seen it before!

So tell me MAKheads, what differences are there between the ‘17 that BBM cooked on and the 2020?

Funny, he just cooked a meteorite and I saw the door open for long periods and not a grease fire one... Where’s the adventure :mrgreen:

@4ever3

New Pellet Boss, software is awesome.
New K style meat probes

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't a K probe a K probe regardless of year (or were previous probes not K? but lesser?)
/the MAK review soured me on BBM and MAK - give a 3500 grill to a YT influencer get 1 video that doesn't cover most of the grill and the reviewer is splooging over it? (combine that with his reviews of the Weber Egg knock off culminating in a personal call from the president of Weber). That being said - I thought he still produced entertaining videos and his handling of the Weber pellet thing was bar none one of the most exemplary cases of honesty/integrity I've seen in a YouTube review.
//still amused by his approach to his Mak video - if I ever meet him I'd definitely buy him a drink (or more)

Well, even though mine is going back on Thursday I decided to do one final farewell cook. St. Louis style ribs. Not too shabby if you don't mind shoving the pellets every hour.

Attachments

• IMG_20200223_170709.jpg
    IMG_20200223_170709.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 230
Well, even though mine is going back on Thursday I decided to do one final farewell cook. St. Louis style ribs. Not too shabby if you don't mind shoving the pellets every hour.

How does the smoke profile compare to other smokers/grills you've owned?

@rwalters how in the heck do you keep that 2 Star so clean????

I’ve told you guys a million times already... lol [emoji12]

Sit right, I’ll share again when I have a minute [emoji1306]

How does the smoke profile compare to other smokers/grills you've owned?

Ok... here it is :)

SD-20 gets used after every cook. When still warm to the touch (super important the cooker is warm to the touch)... a quick spray down/wipe down with a damp microfiber towel. Then one more quick wipe down after rinsing the towel and wringing it out real good.

Break-Up gets used maybe once/mo for the tough stuff that won’t budge. Again, when warm to the touch. This is only to be used on the stainless. Quickly wipe any overspray/mist off of the SS.

I couldn’t live (well, I suppose I’d live) without both.

(Pack of 4) SD-20 All Purpose Degreaser 1 lb 2 oz/ 510g, Spray on-Wipe Off https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DCJCQCK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4UWuEbZKS79MN

Diversey Break-Up Professional Oven & Grill Cleaner, Aerosol, 19 oz. (6 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0747GY51B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nUWuEbR6ZCHEQ

Back