Turn in box judging thoughts?

Q

QueTPiesBBQ

here is one ouf our trun in boxes from a contest, could you guys give me some judging?

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 133
I'd probably give you a 7 or an 8. The brush strokes on the meat bother me some. Also I were sitting at a table judging this it might be hard to see because of the garnish. I don't understand why you have so much in 2 corners and very little in 2. I'd try to even it out and not have the garnish rise above the meat. You also might want to try curly leaf parsley. I think it usually looks "tighter" and not so salad like.

No score cause i'm not a judge.

Brush marks on the ribs.
Don't care for flat leaf parsley, especially when it's hiding the meat.
Have never seen good scores with the ribs on a diagonal.
Look around the Comp. section to improve your presentation.
Good color and your cuts look nice! :biggrin:

The ribs look good yet could use a little sheen. The difference would be to give a first impression of moisture not of dryness. I would like to see the ribs a little bit darker too.

The garnish, frankly, looks like it was quickly thrown together without too much thought and does nothing to present the meat -- in fact it distracts.

The diagonal doesn't bother me, but might lose you a few points from other judges.

I would give you a 7.

I would score you at least a 7 on apperence.
The brush strokes on the meat make me not want to give it an 8.

The garnish is unruly and distracts from the meat. A spray of hot AJ or water will make those brush marks disappear. Hard to tell from the photo, but you want to be careful with the new rule about seeing the six pieces during appearance judging.

Since I'm judging the meat, I'd give an 8, I had to count the ribs twice. Clean up the garnish and could be higher, see to many stems and flat lettuce also looks like the garnish was just shoved in above the ribs.

I'd probably score a 6 based on my initial glance.

I agree with all the comments above for improvement opportunities.

Judging the meat a 7, many brush strokes and there are parts you cannot see because it is hidden by the garnish.

From the pic I'd give a 7. How about if you lost the parseley compleatly, cut down on the amount of lettuce in the empty corners, and put in a bone on edge above & below to show the color of the meat? A lot of judges are table captains too, so they would see the extra bone as a plus if they were the TC and it might increase the score.

Back