Happy Father's Day Brethren...What's Smokin'?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Good morning brothers...we've got a killer day started up here (one of few this year) so I'm thinking about a nice piece of salmon. Copper River is on sale at Albertson's...:p

A couple of morning pics out the back yard...

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4419.jpg

JD thanks for the brisket advise on another thread. Spent about 6 months just North of Bellingham when in the Navy. Beautiful country and excellent trout fishing at Mt Baker. Enjoy the day and keep us posted on the salmon.

First of all Happy Fathers Day to all of you.

I just put 3 racks of St. Louis ribs on the smoker, got some chicken breast to throw on later along with some brats and tube steaks for the grill.

Hope everyone has a great day, whether you are at the grill or not!
thumbsup.png

Happy fathers day to all! Smoked three butts on the xl egg yesterday. First real cook in about one month, dang it. I'm thinking grilling today, having family over. Maybe blackened flat irons, abts, links, stuffed mushrooms and bob gibsons sauced chicken breasts.

To save space, here are the links to the butt cook. It was really nice to have the air filled with a cook yesterday.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/acgpinc/butts xl/butts0614004.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/acgpinc/butts xl/butts061408.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/acgpinc/butts xl/butts0614x2.jpg

First of all Happy Fathers Day to all of you.

I just put 3 racks of St. Louis ribs on the smoker, got some chicken breast to throw on later along with some brats and tube steaks for the grill.

Hope everyone has a great day, whether you are at the grill or not!
thumbsup.png

tube steaks for the grill...ouch! :twisted:

Happy fathers day fellas! I have four packers, two racks of pork spare ribs, and some sausage links on the pit. Fire roasted corn on the cob and fire roasted sweet potatoes and a big garden salad for the sides all for a 5:00 pm dinner here at Rancho de Zilla. My mom, brother, some of my kids, FIL, MIL,and BIL will be over for dinner. I think I need a bourbon. Have a great day guys!

Happy Fathers Day you mothers!:mrgreen:
I have some rib steaks goin on the grill later and 2 racks of lamb.
I might be grilling in thunder storms later... do you think I could harness the lightning in my kettle?

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's.

It's chicken for me today. I also threw on a couple racks of ribs for latter in the week (if they make it that long).

100_0009.jpg

HAPPY FATHERS DAY you farkers !!...I got a packer on the drum,and some flounder that we gigged last night to fry up for my pop.He came up for the weekend to do some fishing and hang out with me and the better half.It sure is nice to spend some time with the ol' man !!

Attachments

• fathersday004.jpg
    fathersday004.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Happy Fathers Day all, Q'n a Packer a Butt and just through on my first fatty. This is the first run with my new WSM. Wow holds temps gr8. been going at 220 all night just bumped it to 230.

Doing some beef short ribs and shrimp today

Happy Fathers Day to the fellow dads!!

Mrs. Bandit says no smokin' today... she's breaking out the spaghetti dinner spread today. (How can an italian Q'er say no to pasta?)

Mrs. Bandit says no smokin' today... she's breaking out the spaghetti dinner spread today. (How can an italian Q'er say no to pasta?)

Same here.. I decided to skip the smoke and go for the usual Italian Sunday dinner.

Two lbs. of fusili pasta , big pot of sauce, hot & sweet style italian sausages, meatballs, beef & pork brachiole, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers w/garlic & olive oil and a nice crusty loaf of Italian bread.

nothing here it's raining. Did go down to the river market and walked around. Stopped at Arthur Bryants for a beef and pork sammie.

I did 4 racks of baby back ribs yesterday for dinner today. My UDS came through again. They were the best ribs yet according to my son.

Happy Father's Day...

Cooked a couple of butts yesterday (i hope that still counts) for pp sammies...

Attachments

• DSC01483.jpg
    DSC01483.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 56
Got 3 racks of St Louis that should be ready in about 30 minutes. After that time to fall in the pool with the grandkids woohoo !

Same here.. I decided to skip the smoke and go for the usual Italian Sunday dinner.

Two lbs. of fusili pasta , big pot of sauce, hot & sweet style italian sausages, meatballs, beef & pork brachiole, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers w/garlic & olive oil and a nice crusty loaf of Italian bread.

As usual after a day at the pit I want to eat Italian. Vinny that sounds soooooo good right now.

Our dinner was very good though. :rolleyes:

Well, everything came out great. The Wife says my best ribs yet, BIL who doesn't really like ribs couldn't eat enough of them. Even the tube steaks are great ;)

Had a seafood feast. Did not have to cook. Oysters, crab legs, and sushi were all excellent

Back