Pastrami & Butt

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
It seems like alot of us are doing a Pastrami today, thought I'd do one of mine also.
How is it you have time to smoke on a Sunday when you have so much yad work to do?
Julie Mow.jpg
What a sweetie right?
Just a hint of nice blue smoke.
Blue Smoke.jpg
After one hour at 280* the corned beef is at 145* already, I'm going to pull and wrap throw in the cooler at around 175*-180*. Finish the butt and save a wad for dinner tomorrow night and vacu suck the rest for quick meals.
Corned Brisket and Butt.jpg
If I remember I'll get some done pics as well.
ModelMaker

very nice of your wife to do the yard work for you

she is looking forward to the good Q you will provide

Let me see if I got this right.

You've got a UDS that doesn't require a great deal of temperature babysitting AND you got the wife to mow the lawn so you could babysit the UDS. Dang you are good!

And the food looks good too.

You've got a UDS that doesn't require a great deal of temperature babysitting AND you got the wife to mow the lawn so you could babysit the UDS. Dang you are good!

Well, he's smarter than I am. I proudly showed my wife that I can check on my smokers using my Blackberry and the web server on my Stoker. She said great, now you can come grocery shopping with me and not worry about your fire.

Rookie mistake my good man!!!
ModelMaker

Nice job!:cool: and the food looks great too.:biggrin:

Here's the pron .
Pastrami we had for dinner with boiled spuds and rolls.
Pastrami1.jpg
I pulled and wrapped and coolered the butt when it hit 190*. The probe went in very easy, I should have checked with the probe sooner as one end was too done but most of it was pretty good.
Butt2.jpg
I thought I would throw a box together and get a feel for how it goes.Test Box.jpg
Pretend it has beautiful lettuce and parsley. Any thoughts??
ModelMaker

Fark the lettuce, i'd hit that! :cool:

Back