Smoke & Steam May 10th Oyster Bay, NY

YankeeBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Grilling contest. That's all I'm gonna say for now. It's in the works. When it's official I will post details. This is just a heads up. Don't go cancelling your annual vacation or anything I don't want to get blamed.

Fortunately my calendar is wide open that day, I own a couple grills AND I live on Long Island!!!!

anyone know if there is any other NEBS or MABBQA event that weekend before I write any more checks?
thanks
nancee
ps Steve, What do you know about Westport CT and Troy, NY?

Grilling contest. That's all I'm gonna say for now. It's in the works. When it's official I will post details. This is just a heads up. Don't go cancelling your annual vacation or anything I don't want to get blamed.

Any more word on this, Steve?

Actually I emailed the organizer today for an update, they were waiting for final approval from the town for a street closure. I haven't heard back yet. Motoeric might know more than me since I dragged him into it LOL.

Westport, CT Troy, NY

anyone know if there is any other NEBS or MABBQA event that weekend before I write any more checks?
thanks
nancee

Nancee,

I believe the Westport CT contest is in conjunction with a local radio or newpaper. Tom Christine is involved with it so if you contact him maybe you can find out more.

Don and Leslie Lovely are the reps for both of those contests I believe

Linda

This is pretty odd. Independantly of Steve I also emailed the organizer today. We had some pretty productive email/phone conversations but I haven't heard anything in a while.

I'll update as soon as I have some info.

Eric

This is pretty odd. Independantly of Steve I also emailed the organizer today. We had some pretty productive email/phone conversations but I haven't heard anything in a while.

I'll update as soon as I have some info.

Eric

Cool. Let me know if you need other options.

thanks
nancee

Nancee,

MABBQA is having a comp. in Conowingo,MD May 10. It's on their website I believe.

I am pleased to announce the first Smoke n' Steam grilling event for May 10, 7am to 4pm on the Audrey Ave. extension in the Town of Oyster Bay, NY. Details and application will be available probably early next week.

Cant wait! Had to cancel our cruise to attend this event and the wife aint happy bout it . She will get over it though........ eventually

Last edited:
Well the steam reference is there because The Oyster Bay Railroad Museum is putting on the contest.

Ah ha. I suppose boiling is out too?:biggrin:

Any idea what the categories will be yet? Maybe oysters given the venue?

Back