Dr_KY builds again...

She's on fire and man is this some thick paint!

864yaee.jpg

Looks like I got the placement of the bottom opening just about right.

8ebe5br.jpg

I'll empty it tomorrow and see how well it cleaned itself up. The bottom as you can tell by the untouched paint stayed cool enough for the wheels.

I just noticed how hot it must have gotten driectly drawing across from the inlet on the bottom..

7wie26h.jpg

7342zux.jpg

Going to be a while cooling down.

off to a good start keep the pics coming waiting to see the Q coming off of it

Will do as soon as more progress is made.
I'll try and source some steel for a lid tomorrow. Diamond plate would look cool.

Question guys;
I'm thinking of grabbing a keg , slicing it down and using it as a dome lid seeing as I can't find a cooker that is free and in the 17'' size. I know a stainless one would be fine but what about an alloy one? The temps shouldn't be hot enough to cause any problems... should it?

I have a beer tap that would look good as a exhaust. :twisted:

I wouldn't think the temp would be a problem if you were using an Aluminum kegger, I have an Aluminum Frying pan I use to saute veggies in and I imagine my stovetop gets hotter than the top potion of your smoker ever will.

Thanks N8 I may still look into that option. I found a flat lid for her today and I'll get a photo in the morning before the next burn. Also piched up a gew more ballvalves for a future drum. two 1/2'' and two 3/4 ''ers.

There just HAS to be a use for this. It's some sort of stainless heatshield..

87kkako.jpg

6l9ni86.jpg

72gmwwi.jpg

Looking good Dr KY. Keep the updates coming. I'm interested to see how this one turns out!

Thee's nothing wrong with it, KY simply lives in a country with a civilised measurement standard, that's all:wink::biggrin:

KY, I'd do as suggested above, weld up the two open sides and make one/two charcoal baskets. If you were nearer I'd offer to buzz 'em together for you:grin:

p.s. becasue I am a sad anorak, I Googled 'How many countries use imperial measurements?' and Yahoo came up with the answer:

"Three countries have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Liberia, Myanmar and the United States."

You're in some fabulous company there gents!:biggrin:

Thee's nothing wrong with it, KY simply lives in a country with a civilised measurement standard, that's all:wink::biggrin:

KY, I'd do as suggested above, weld up the two open sides and make one/two charcoal baskets. If you were nearer I'd offer to buzz 'em together for you:grin:

p.s. becasue I am a sad anorak, I Googled 'How many countries use imperial measurements?' and Yahoo came up with the answer:

"Three countries have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Liberia, Myanmar and the United States."

You're in some fabulous company there gents!:biggrin:
Noticed you knew where to go for technical info on important things like building UDS!:biggrin: Good old American ingenuity, 1/16 at a time! We dont sell grams of meat!

Noticed you knew where to go for technical info on important things like building UDS!:biggrin: Good old American ingenuity, 1/16 at a time! We dont sell grams of meat!
Got that right Brother!!!!

A better idea yet is to make it into a rotisserie basket to smoke dry peppers, etc.

I'd farking buy something like that.

1/16th at a time? Pah! You crude knocker-together of ill-fitted goods you:tongue: What are you building, a very leaky leaky thing? I work in fractions of a millimetre, fractions, d'you hear?:biggrin:

(Which is probably why it's taking me so flippin' long:redface:)

1/16th at a time? Pah! You crude knocker-together of ill-fitted goods you:tongue: What are you building, a very leaky leaky thing?

I see you have been admiring my creations! Hammer and a rubber, only two tools I need. If you can't fix it with a hammer then Fark it!:cool:.

Hammer and a rubber, only two tools I need. If you can't fix it with a hammer then Fark it!:cool:.

The images this statement brings to mind do not bear repeating to anyone, especially not those of a delicate disposition:eek::-D

It's not a smoker unless it smokes and I'm having trouble getting it to draw...

8bhky0z.jpg

Any ideas whats going wrong? :|

Back