Wood

captndan

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
A neighbor down the road come over and ask if I needed some wood. This is the same neighbor that comes over to drink my Admiral Nelson. He hired a company to clear out lots of big trees. They took the best logs as payment. What's left is several cord of red oak and cherry. Some walnut. It's all cut and stacked dry. Of course it's free and he will separate and load on his trailer. Should I take it?

This is a trick question, right? :thumb:

The red oak and cherry yes. Walnut no, in my opinion.

I'd take it all, the walnut will be good in the fire place, wood stove or fire pit.

I smoke with Black Walnut all the time. I'm guessing the folks who recommend against it have not actually tried it. Take it all, try the walnut and make your own decision.

if you have to even ask, I think you have been hitting those Admiral Nelsons (whatever they are) too hard

If you don't like the taste of the walnut use it to make lump. Oak and cherry are a no-brainer.

I smoke with Black Walnut all the time. I'm guessing the folks who recommend against it have not actually tried it. Take it all, try the walnut and make your own decision.

You make a good point. I based my opinion of the smell of smoking walnut when I have sawed it too fast. I have never had the desire to use it for smoking.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Has Truck - Will Travel.

Calculating how far Greeneville, TN is from Wake Forest, NC.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Has Truck - Will Travel.

Calculating how far Greeneville, TN is from Wake Forest, NC.

Lol pick me up on the way. I'll help you load it :)

Back