View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Default My first batch of converts... sorry no pics.

Wasn't my intent... really.

Was tasked to have a small taste test sampling for an upcoming wedding. Have developed a few North Carolina vinegar sauces with various levels of intensities.

Convert #1 was the requestor herself - who is a self-confessed BBQ snob that couldn't tolerate the local restaurant's attempt at bbq. That changed once she saw my smoker churning sweet blue and smelled the irresistible aromas. Then it was another round of oohs, ahhhs, and OMG once she tasted the pulled pork chunks with the sauces I developed.

The kick of it... the second sampling was in a restaurant.... her choice.
Kinda felt a little ethically tacky bringing prepared food to a restaurant.

The waitress serving us was a confirmed lover of South Carolina (mustard) sauce and wasn't too keen on N. Carolina sauce. However her own nose betrayed her once the lid was opened (convert #2). Once she tasted the pork with my hotter sauce.... she asked for my business card - which I had a few available. Was asked how much bbq can I do? Told her my biggest pit (Lang 84) is nearly 10 feet long and is transportable to onsite catering.

Wasn't long before a nearby table was informed about my bbq - who they were quickly asking if I do brisket... to which quickly acknowledged.
They have been trying to find decent brisket like back home ... in TEXAS!!! Our waitress handed her my card.

[Edit: This story is the direct side-effect of the knowledge base compiled by the BBQ Brethren ]

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD

Last edited by BBQ Bandit; 04-18-2013 at 03:26 PM..
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->