Brethren PSA--Blogs, Bloggers and Blogging

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Folks,
We've been seeing an increase with this issue as of late. We encourage blogging, but we do ask that some basic ettiquette be followed when directing people to your Blog from this forum to read something you have posted on your Blog. Here is the basic rule we would like to see followed when linking back to your Blog or asking people to go and check it out:
If your blog contains something interesting, post a copy or preview in our forum and let the members decide if they want to link back to read it.

Here is a perfect example of what we would like to see: (Thanks to landarc)
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156221
An entire copy is not necessary, but copy enough of the Blog material so that people can decide if they truly want to visit your Blog and read the rest. Simply starting a new thread, adding a title to it and then posting a link to your Blog within the original post is not allowed. The rest of the points are covered in the full rule posted below. We appreciate your help with this.

If you want to advertise your Blog, here is our Official Blog Thread:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103512&highlight=blog

Lastly, if you provide a link to your Blog in your signature, it MUST have a return link to OUR Forum:
If your Signature contains a link to your site or blog. You MUST have a link to our site in yours. If not, your signature will be edited and link removed. If an admin or moderator edits the link out of your signature, it cannot be put back unless the reciprocal link is in place.

Thanks,
Mods

Bloggers:
  • A link to your blog is ok in your signature.
  • Posting requests to "Read My Blog", "Check out my Blog" "Go to my Blog", etc....is considered a gratuitous link/for the sake of promotion and will be removed.
  • If your blog contains something interesting, post a copy or preview in our forum and let the members decide if they want to link back to read it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back