Pizza, day late Awesomeness-pr0n

Ok I'll ask a questionor two,when you take hold of the dough after it has set the 2-3 hours, you say to roll it into a ball, does this compress it like we would do when we " punch down" dough ?I just pulled it from the bowl and tried to work it out into a pie without compressing it in ny way, not sure if that was right or not.

Working with the dough will take practice :).... Wife and I are working on eating small qty of very good pizza , not larger qty of mediocre pie :).

Ok I'll ask a questionor two,when you take hold of the dough after it has set the 2-3 hours, you say to roll it into a ball, does this compress it like we would do when we " punch down" dough ?I just pulled it from the bowl and tried to work it out into a pie without compressing it in ny way, not sure if that was right or not.

Working with the dough will take practice :).... Wife and I are working on eating small qty of very good pizza , not larger qty of mediocre pie :).
Great idea!:thumb:

Okay, I cut the dough in half and then just ball it gently so it is without a flat side.
I didn't compress it.
I do two ways, one is I stretch it by hand and then roll it thin.
The other is I just work it gently stretching into a shape.
I really dig rustic shapes, but that is a quirk, the important thing is, it is somehow fluffier and rises more when unrolled.
The theory is, this method of proving means the gluten has already done it's work so all it needs is shaping and you are good to go.
No further working is required.
I'm still playing with this recipe too, and cannot wait till next time.
Soon!

Great idea!:thumb:

Okay, I cut the dough in half and then just ball it gently so it is without a flat side.
I didn't compress it.
I do two ways, one is I stretch it by hand and then roll it thin.
The other is I just work it gently stretching into a shape.
I really dig rustic shapes, but that is a quirk, the important thing is, it is somehow fluffier and rises more when unrolled.
The theory is, this method of proving means the gluten has already done it's work so all it needs is shaping and you are good to go.
No further working is required.
I'm still playing with this recipe too, and cannot wait till next time.
Soon!
some of the YouTube videos say rolling (like with a rolling pin) is very bad so I thought it best to avoid that.

Also when you mentioned EVOO .....when is it used and how ?

some of the YouTube videos say rolling (like with a rolling pin) is very bad so I thought it best to avoid that.

Also when you mentioned EVOO .....when is it used and how ?
It is best to avoid it, but I am a recidivist tester and tweaker, and this recipe for dough is very unique.

I used evoo on the plastic wrap.
I dd not use it on the bowl, and will not next time, because the dough came away from the stainless stell as it should, easily.
It won't hurt BTW, you can coat pans or cooking trays too.

Back