• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Doing steaks

BayoustateBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Was pleasantly surprised when the wife brought home groceries today. Opened one of the plastic bags to find she got some some buy one get one free sirloins. Usually I just season my steaks with salt, coarse black pepper, and a touch of paprika.
was wanting to try something different so does anyone have any good steak rubs?

salt, cracked black pepper and granulated garlic. All I ever use on a steak. Cook it right and you never need anything else.

LOL, my son and I eat it as is straight off the grill, no sauce. It really strikes a nerve when my wife gets her steak and puts a pile of A-1 on her plate. Imo if you need steak sauce it wasn't done right.

Was pleasantly surprised when the wife brought home groceries today. Opened one of the plastic bags to find she got some some buy one get one free sirloins. Usually I just season my steaks with salt, coarse black pepper, and a touch of paprika.
was wanting to try something different so does anyone have any good steak rubs?

I like to use olive and then some blackening season. Even if I don't pan sear, I like the flavor it brings. People think blacken is hot. It does not have to be tounge torch level.

I still haven't found anything that I like better than Dizzy Pig Cow Lick.Just the right amount of heat and a complex chile flavor that compliments beef. So good!

Im sorry to tell u, but I didnt find a better recipe then Peper, Salt and some onion/garlic powder.... What about a few splashes of Worcester sauce?

Try this, it's delicious:

soy sauce - a cup or so per steak
sesame oil - not much maybe just 1 tsp per steak
chopped up green onions - enough for your liking
garlic - enough for your liking

Let it sit for atleast an hour in a zip-lock bag. Might have to flip over to maranade other side. Best to maranade as long as you can before putting it on the grill. Of course I don't do it until an hour or so until grill time.

I use evvo, Sea salt, fresh pepper. Grill to med. rare. Finish it with garlic butter, or bacon fat. Serve 4 min after taking it off the grill! NO STEAK SAUCE!

Try this, it's delicious:

soy sauce - a cup or so per steak
sesame oil - not much maybe just 1 tsp per steak
chopped up green onions - enough for your liking
garlic - enough for your liking
Another vote for soy sauce here. One of my standbys is onion powder on one side, garlic powder on the other, and then pepper and soy sauce on both. Usually additional salt isn't necessary.

And there's a difference between needing sauce and wanting sauce. A lot of times if I'm having a steak seasoned with nothing but s&p I'll eat half of it plain and half of it with sauce or sauces just because I like the different flavors.

If it's not simple s&p, then I use Bovine Bold, Dizzy Pig's Raising the Steaks, or celery salt.

Crush a dried bay leaf, some dry thyme, mix in EVOO and brush onto steak.
Grill, season with sea salt and pepper, something a little different.
Steak Milanese.

A "good" steak - EVOO, pinch of salt and black pepper.

If I'm cooking a roast or a london broil - EVOO & Montreal Steak Seasoning.

I personally like A1 but it's gotta be on the side. I might dip 2-3 pieces in the sauce and the rest I enjoy au natural.

Recently been adding to my steak ... besides sea salt, cracked pepper, and garlic.

Have a squeeze bottle in the fridge of the good stuff - filtered brisket au jus sauce.
Once I flip on the second side on the griddle steak - dribble some of that liquid gold.

Last edited:
Teriyaki and garlic powder (NOT salt) can't overdo either one.

did something a little different this time. Wasn't very much marbeling in the steaks so I decided to marinate them in beef broth, 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, and didn't measure but maybe a 1/4 cup lime juice. Put olive oil on them, coarse black pepper, garlic powder, and, a touch of paprika .Man were they juicy. Haha, I hid the steak sauce! first time I have seen her eat a steak without steak sauce in 17 years, and she loved it!

Made an earlier mistake in my OP. They were actually buy one get 2 free sirloins (2 to a pack) so she got 6 sirloins for $10

Back