Restaurant Depot'ed AGAIN

TELL YOU WHAT BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Received another dang letter from Rest. Depot indicating that my credit card info. was potentially compromised. I feel like this JUST HAPPENED? Was it within the last year?
Spent 25 minutes 'on the phone' (holding) just to put it on record with AMEX. PIFA.

I use the DEPOT in Blauvelt, NY.

Restaurant Depot is now cash only with me. This happened last year at Christmas time to me.

Very worrysome. You need to know that your doing secure business with everyone.

i got hit.... but did not receive the letter yet. 700$ in fraud charges / 5 transactions in ohio on christmas eve. I used the card in bohemia and garden city.

I found out when I used my card in NYC yesterday at Birreria and it was declined.

Does anyone know if this is a local/regional/national problem?

Same here. Got the letter. I use RD in Blauvelt and Hackensack. Multiple fraud charges on X-mas eve stemming in China. RD will now be a cash only location for me.

damn! i use the mt vernon and portchester new york branches, i always use my debit card and luckily never got hijacked or received a letter, i guess im lucky, and i hit RD at least 5 times in the last 6 weeks.

If you rely on your debit card, I would go ahead and call your bank and cancel your debit card and get a new one, even though you have not got a letter yet from RD. You never know when the fraud will show up, and then you cannot plan for being without your card for a few days.

dammit! i figured a year out was good enough...just used the CC there before christmas in CT.

Thanx for the heads up. They do not send letters to those of us who use the day pass method. My card got hacked from there last year. I canceled my card today and will only use cash at RD from now on. Again thank you very much for passing the information on. Keith

I had to get a new business acct card and a new debit card. I am going all cash from now on. This is the 2nd time this has happened in a matter of 2 weeks.

I have cancelled my card three times because of RD. Am considering establishing an account that I only transfer money into the day I shop, that way I don't buy items in OH, FL and make a donation to the Salvation Army in Washington. If you see a donation to a tax free group, cancel the card immediately. Once you get the letter, cancel the card not matter what.

My banker also said DO NOT USE A CHECK. Since the IRS frowns on cash transactions and does a very close look, the minimal funded account is the way I plan to go.

Back