• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I fought the law...and I won...mutant FATTY! (pron)

thaifighter06

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
For the rest of my (what now might be shorter) life, I will blame* the Brethren for my (what will be) lifelong relationship with the all-powerful Fatty.

This last Saturday was a breakthrough in my short, but rewarding BBQ career. I was given the opportunity to cook for an friend's Octoberfest party. He provided some ridiculous IPA and I did the meat.

The plan was to do pulled pork along with a few fatties...you know...just for fun.

If any of you read my last post, I did my first fatty a few weeks ago to a wonderful result. I filled with potatoes, green peppers, onions and cheese followed by the intro of a fried egg. It was marvelous. For this occasion, I decided to repeat that performance but add somewhat of an "experiment" to the mix.

I can only attribute what follows as a direct act of God...that or my degrees in Biology and Chemistry.

While at the store getting ingredients, I was hit with 1.21 jiggawatts of an idea. What if I stuffed the fatty with apples, cinnamon and brown sugar?

The results could be disastrous, I concluded.

But something kept pulling me back to this idea.

That "something" was my 6th or maybe even my 7th sense telling me to move forward at all costs...

I followed careful steps (thanks again, cowgirl) of the bacon weave, flattened out the fatty in a plastic bag, filled with apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and wrapped that thing up in a bundle of pig glory.

I put it on the BGE XL for about 6 hours total with an hour of glaze at the end. I then let it rest for about 30 minutes before slicing.

I was the first to try it, as the other members of the party were cautious of what could only be described as a teenage mutant ninja fatty.

Fate, as it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

:shock:

First you taste sweet, then salty, then savory, then spicy, then sweet again, then chewy, then crispy, then you let out a big sigh.

Brethren. Try this. And let me know when you do. It's RIDICULOUS.

*and by "blame" I mean "thanks for everything."

Last edited:
Looks great. I have no doubt that it was fantastic. For your next one, try a blueberry muffin fatty :thumb:

looks very tasty. next time wait to put the bacon on till there is about a hour hour and a half left. I like my bacon not so crispy and you might to. just pre make the weave then cook the fatty then wrap and finsh cooking.

Back