• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

$299 Char-Griller Kamado First Looks

When Pitmasters has the adaptor available for the Acorn I plan to get it for use with my IQ-110. About 6 weeks out.

This is the setup I use with my iQue.
When Pitmasters has the adaptor available for the Acorn I plan to get it for use with my IQ-110. About 6 weeks out.
iQueKamado101.jpg

iQueKamado103.jpg

iQueKamado105.jpg

The ashes do not blow at all. The pipe cap has two 1/4" holes facing upward so that it does not blow directly toward the ash pan. You will also need to close the ball valve almost completely to prevent temp spikes when it comes on. This grill is so efficient it takes very little air to maintain temp.

Pretty cool setup. I've been wanting to do this to my kegs. Do the ashes blow around with the air where you have it installed?

The ashes do not blow at all. The pipe cap has two 1/4" holes facing upward so that it does not blow directly toward the ash pan. You will also need to close the ball valve almost completely to prevent temp spikes when it comes on. This grill is so efficient it takes very little air to maintain temp.

Cool, thanks. Yep, these insulated grills are awesome. On Sunday my keg was busy cooking burgers, hot dogs and kabobs from 9am to 3:30pm - all on 3lbs of lump. :mrgreen:

Thanks Jeff, I use a basket in it too. It works very well. In fact I use it just about all the time now.
ButtsAlmonds100.jpg

Basket100.jpg

I too did the same basket mod Fred the very next day after I got the Akorn! Works great! Think I may borrow Greg's IQ110 this weekend and try it out before I order one! Thanks!

This is the setup I use with my iQue.

iQueKamado101.jpg

iQueKamado103.jpg

iQueKamado105.jpg

I just got my grill and this unit. The IQue guy is local here in St. Louis. Man do I love this grill and that IQue.

I got a half circle kiln shelf to do two zone grilling. I also have the place setter, but this way, I can sear on one side and slide over to the side over the kiln shelf and bake....

That's the way I did mine except it's on the back side. Not a trace of ash and out of the way.

iQue 110 Adapter Available

HogFan,

I talked to Matt at PitmasterIQ and they can cut down a BGE M/L adapter to fit the Akorn. Ordered mine and Matt said it would ship Monday :grin:

Here are his instructions:

We do have the dimensions. Place the order for a BGE M/L and in the comments box put that you need the adapter for this cooker.

Changing thermometer

Has anyone changed out their thermometer on the Kamado Kooker. Any suggestions as to what to try. Mine always seems to be about 50-80 degrees off.

Not a bad idea. Mine just seems to vary so much from a known good thermometer.

My thermometer is consistently- inconsistent..but really the only disappointing thing about this cooker. We still love this thing. :wink:

Last edited:
I've wondered if it would be more accurate to replace the thermometer with one that has a 4" stem.

Pizza!

The kids and I made pizzas on Sunday. This is always a fun meal for them as they get to make them just the way they want. I've been using a pizza stone I purchased from Meijer, it's works great!

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 520
  • Thanks
Reactions: NRF
The kids and I made pizzas on Sunday. This is always a fun meal for them as they get to make them just the way they want. I've been using a pizza stone I purchased from Meijer, it's works great!

Looks like the gnome is eyeballing one for himself.

Back