Steel Performer cart for UDS?

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a Performer cart turned into a cart for a UDS? Seems like it might work since the cart is desiged to fit around a 22.5" Weber Performer. If anyone has a pic of such a setup, I'd love to see it.

Someone in my neck of the woods is selling their Performer (with a steel cart) for $125, but that seems to rich for me given that I just want the lid and the cart for my drum.

I built a cart for my two 18" WSM's from a Performer cart, and have two Large Big Green Eggs mounted in a Metro shelve cart. I don't see any reason you couldn't do it.

for what it's worth, when i put my drum on my platinum cart, the side rails had to be flexed out just a bit. given that i had broken my side table and needed to make a new one, this was not a big issue. this may be peculiar to the platinum cart but something you may want to take into account.

Its gonna be a tight fit with a drum on the old style Performer cart. Now that I think about it the kettle is mounted on the frame with brackets a couple inches below the lip narrowing the diameter, I'd pass on it unless you had a 30 gallon drum.

100_1758.jpg

I used Metro shelves for my Large BGE's and they don't roll very far!

100_3292.jpg

Back