Amelia Island Update

M

Mike - CSBBBQ

Figured this shoud be separate from the Sam's info. Just received this email...

Good afternoon,

Please be advised that we are closely monitoring the forecast of Hurricane Irene. At this time, most of the forecast models indicate the storm will miss Amelia Island. We are working closely with the Nassau County, FL Emergency Management Services and will plan to make a final decision around noon on Wednesday regarding any changes to the cook-off schedule based upon the potential severe weather impacts forecasted for our area. We invite you to get the most up to date information on the event at our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ameliaislandbbq. ; We will send out another email Wednesday or sooner if we have important updates.

Path as of 1:15 today (Monday) praying it keeps turning east.

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

Wow! I can't imagine tryin to keep temps on my old stickburner in 115 mph winds!:shock: Hope everyone uses good judgement this week. Stay safe!!

Mike-

You know my love of weather. The trough keeps turning that thing East and North, so you'll be on the far western edge most likely. NOAA gives you a 40% chance of TS force winds though, so I'd be more nervous that somebody is going to pull the plug on the event "just in case". Looks like a solid Carolinas hit, not Florida.

Hopefully it will keep moving east. Look like we are lining up for a direct here up here. Either way, everyone be safe!

Back