Polish Sausage and Mac & Cheese w/bacon

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
As I'm still learning to cook on my Weber kettle, I made a rather simple dinner tonight...

20110718-Sausage.JPG

I fired up the kettle for indirect cooking with some KB and apple wood chunks. I tossed on a dish of my mac & cheese w/bacon with a couple polish sausages I got from Sam's Club over the weekend.

I'm pretty happy with the Weber One-Touch Gold. I loaded up one of the charcoal baskets with KB and tossed on two chunks of apple (i like lots of smoke) and let the kettle come up to about 240. I closed the botton vents all the way and the kettle temp settled in at about 260 and held there for 90 minutes. I was surprised that one basket of charcoal would go that long, but it did.

I got a 5-pack of those polish sausages at Sam's Club for about $7.50... thought that was a nice deal...

The Mac & Cheese recipe is here if you are interested...

http://bbq.setzler.net/recipes/

I

Sometimes it's the simple meals like these that are the most appetizing. I'm going crazy looking at that pic!:hungry:

I've never really cared for Mac-n-Cheese but looking at your pictures I believe I'll follow your recipe and re-visit my Mac-n-Cheese issues :)grin:). Thanks for post...!

I've never really cared for Mac-n-Cheese but looking at your pictures I believe I'll follow your recipe and re-visit my Mac-n-Cheese issues :)grin:). Thanks for post...!

One little variation I like to do is sprinkle some more shredded parmesan (or asiago or romano) on top before I cook it... you could also do bread crumbs if you like...

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do :)

I've never really cared for Mac-n-Cheese...

We may have a terrorist in our forum, or at least an illegal alien. What real Mercan doesn't care much for Mac and Cheese?

Call Homeland Security! :shocked:

Or, maybe azken has only had that stuff from a box that I lived on when I was a broke college student. Even that chit tastes good when it's all you can afford.

Real Mac and Cheese -- with bacon? Omigod, that is heaven on a plate. A side of smoked sausage makes a nice compliment to the star attraction, but is not really necessary for me.

CD

JM, looks great. Just had some mac and cheese on the grill Friday night, so I know it is tasty!

Did you have that basket level with the coals, little under or over.
Always curious about how another Weber head goes about it. Thanks!

If I'm cooking at Padawan's place we use about the same amount of briqs.
It will cruise at about 300F all the way for about 3-4 hours.
Gotta lovethe kettle!

JM, looks great. Just had some mac and cheese on the grill Friday night, so I know it is tasty!

Did you have that basket level with the coals, little under or over.
Always curious about how another Weber head goes about it. Thanks!

It was pretty level and then I tossed on two chunks of apple wood..

I guess I'm spoiled with my BGE... I'm used to a load of coals cookin about 225 for more than 26 hrs...
You food looks divine! I may have to have some of that tonight for dinner! My family thanks you in advance!

Back