My first "real" gig

• Thread starter BBQ'n The Burbs
  • Start date
B

BBQ'n The Burbs

I was asked to cook smoked brisket for 300 people for a memorial service. My rig will only hold 8 packers I figured I would need 16. I've already smoked the 1st load of 8. I smoked them for 12 hours then rested them in a cambro for 6. Put that batch in a buddies walk in and started the second batch. Wondering what would be the best way to reheat before serving on Friday 7-8-11. Should I slice it before reheating or reheat and then slice? Should I reheat in the cambro pans? How long will that take? The event is at 4:00 pm. We are also doing burgers and dogs. someone else is doing sides.

i've found that if you triple wrap the pans so NO air can get in with some liquid in the bottom of the pans that the pre sliced brisket will be fine it just has to be a super tight wrap
or the other thing i do is push the plastic wrap down so it is in direct contact with all of the meat in the pan the wrap again over the top of that...i serve about 200 every sunday and this is how i hold my brisket seems to work fine

Back