Ohio Veterans BBQ Cookoff

Smokin Patriots

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello,

2/3 of my team is now on their way to Afghanistan and I will be unable to compete in my first competition as planned. Is there any team going to this event that could use an extra pair of hands, and is willing to let a rookie come along with them? Thanks in advance for reading this or even considering it.

-Mac

Why can't you still compete? Or let me rephrase that. If you want to still try & compete we would be glad to help in any way we could.

I am coming on Saturday to walk about and hang out, if you do compete I can give you a hand during turn ins...

And there you have it Patriot! I can even arrange for you to be setup next to Jan and the Fowl Butt gang if you want to take him up on the offer.

Mac,

If you just want a team to hang out with and help, we would love to have you join us for the weekend. I am flying into Columbus late Thursday night and we should be in Kettering by 10 or 11 AM on Friday. Let us know.

Mac,

If you don't want to compete, you are more than welcome to hang with me. I'm by myself, so I could use a runner. I will be setting my stuff up Thursday afternoon.

I appreciate the quick responses, and I will try to answer your questions in order. @ Mitch. I guess its not that I really cant, but with the other members of my team guy it messes up my plans. Every member on the team had their own assignments and responsibilities to help it run smoother. I could try it by myself but our practice has been as a team not solo. @ IndianaGriller & Rolling Smoke thank you I appreciate the offer, thats very nice of you guys. @ Whiskey Bent thanks I appreciate it, and I would probably like to take you up on that. @Big Mike thanks for the offer I appreciate it. If I cant compete myself I would really like to help someone and see how the competition is supposed to go so I can still get some experience and see how things are supposed to go.

Originally before part of my team deployed I was not coming into this with unrealistic expectations. I was not worried about what place we came in it was more about the small goals of meeting all of our turn ins and such. But with my team gone and it being reduced down to just 1 member I really would not want to make a fool of myself. So I appreciate all of the advice and quick responses and help on here.

Dont worry about it, lots of teams are one man teams, myself included. My fiance helps during turn ins as long as it doesnt interfere with her dessert catagorys lol. I dont like alot of people to be on my team, to many hands can mess stuff up.

Come by our site any time you want. If you want to see a sight, come by Saturday around 7 pm. :)

Mac,

If you just want a team to hang out with and help, we would love to have you join us for the weekend. I am flying into Columbus late Thursday night and we should be in Kettering by 10 or 11 AM on Friday. Let us know.

You will love this comp brother

You going to be joining us Rob? Didn't get to visit much in Jeffersonville. You were too deep into the DARK SIDE. I was scared to take Kathy into the area . . . . . Heck, I was scared to go into the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phillip

Back