• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pizza For dinner, On the egg! (pron)

matt

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Did my first pizza on the egg last night, did'nt turn out to bad.

Attachments

• Happy Matt's 255.jpg
    Happy Matt's 255.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Happy Matt's 258.jpg
    Happy Matt's 258.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Happy Matt's 259.jpg
    Happy Matt's 259.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Happy Matt's 262.jpg
    Happy Matt's 262.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Happy Matt's 265.jpg
    Happy Matt's 265.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Happy Matt's 271.jpg
    Happy Matt's 271.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 209
great looking first pie! I have been cooking so many pies on my primo lately, I am starting to get sick of pies, but the quest for the perfect dough, time, temp, and end result is certainly a challenge...it looks like you are off to a great start!

gtsum what temps do you cook your pizza at ?

Lately I have been preheating the primo without deflector plates or stone to about 700 and then put my stone and d plates in and let it stabilize for about 30 minutes or so until my dome temps show 550 - I put the pies on and they are done in about 6 minutes - however, the type of flour/dough you use (hydration ratio) will make a great deal of difference in the end result. I still am not totally satisfied with my setup/dough recipe combination as I am having a hard time getting the top done at the same time as my crust (I totally shut down both top and bottom vents when the pies go on to keep the heat in and make it like a brick oven). Pizza making (homemade doughs) on the ceramic cooker is more challenging imo then any bbq I have done over the years...there are so many variables involved, but at least it is fun trying!

I also rotate my pie about every 2 minutes as I have a hot spot on the right side...I think an egg would heat a bit more evenly because of the round shape??

I got mine dialed in at 550 but it just kept smoking,so I brought it dowm to 400 and finally the smoke was gone,not sure way I had so much smke at 550 but I did, so I did it at 400 for 10 min's

Good looking pie Matt. That is curious why you had smoking at higher temperature.

If you were in the pizza business I'm sure you would have a line out the door with something looking that good!!

Nice job Matt. Where did you get that great looking pizza peel?

Back