Contest Results New Holland Summerfest

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
Brief update from Sledneck

76 teams

GC : PA Midnite Smokers (3rd year in a row)

Sledneck - 4th in brisket, Backyard All Stars (Kirk) 5th overall, Smokin Gnome (Sal) - two walks (6th overall ??) , Who Are Those Guys (watg?) - 1st in chicken

A few others but I got them mixed up and don't wan't to post wrong info..

Some good calls in there - congrats!

Good to hear,
look forward to the rest.
Congratulations folks.

top ten overall
1-PA Midnite Smokers
2-3 Eyz BBQ
3-I Smell Smoke
4-Guts Smokehouse
5-Backyard All-Stars BBQ
6-Smokin Gnome BBQ (Way to go Sal!)
7-Smokin Swine
8-Chix swine & Bovine BBQ
9-The BBQ Guru
10-Free Range BBQ

67th place ribs (72 teams)
watg?

Congrats to all that walked!
A great contest, super venue, well run, a little damp, but a great time. (except for the rib scores:eusa_clap)

Chicken
1. WATG?
2. 3 Eyz
3. Smokin Dudes
4. Tarheel Smokers
5. Christmas City
6. BBQ Guru
7. Mr Mark's
8. Guts Smokehouse
9. I Smell Smoke
10. Jumping Dog
26. Backyard All-Stars :-D

Ribs
1. Smokey T's Pit Crew
2. BBQ Guru
3. I Smell Smoke
4. It's Just BBQ
5. Smokin Swine
6. Chix, Swine & Bovine
7. Backyard All-Stars :biggrin:
8. Brique House
9. 3 Eyz
10. Redneck Pitkrew

Pork
1. Free Range BBQ
2. PA Midnite Smoker
3. Smokin Gnome
4. Guts Smokehouse
5. Jack's Down HomeBBQ
6. Chix ,Swine & Bovine
7. Tarheel Smokers
8. Big Ugly's
9. Pigs by the Moon
10. Backyard All-Stars :-D

Brisket
1. PA Midnite Smoker
2. Smokin Swine
3. Lo n Slo BBQ
4. R2-BQ
5. Smokin Gnome
6. Philly Pigs
7. Pigheaded BBQ
8. Black Tie BBQ
9. Dizzy Pig
10. HMH BBQ
12. Backyard All-Stars :-D

First thing I want to say is congrats to all who toughed out some crappy weather. We were pretty lucky but some teams had to splash through a lot of mud and standing water. Most people would pack up and go home with weather like that but the BBQ folks were tough (or crazy) enough to stick it out.

Second, congrats to all who walked. As usual, lots of Brethren teams got calls. Way to represent! :-D

Third, we had an awesome weekend. I really enjoyed catching up with as many of you as I could and I'm sorry that I didn't get around to a few of you, Lo n Slo and Smokin Gnome included. You guys are at every contest we do but I never seem to manage to get over and say hi. I only wish I had time to do more of these contests with you all. Vinny, We missed you this weekend.

And last...,

John, where's the video??? :oops::biggrin:

Last edited:
Also...

Chef's Choice
1. PA Midnite Smoker
2. Brique House BBQ
3. Jack's Down Home
4. Verus BBQ
5. Little Creek
6. Jumping Dog
7. Free Range
8. Black Tie
9. Smokin Gnome
10. Christmas City

Sausage
1. Pig Pen
2. Gypsy BBQ
3. WATG?
4. PA Porkmeister
5. S&S Grilling
6. Free Range
7. War Pigs
8. 3 Eyz
9. Mason Dixon Smokers
10. Smoken Dudes

Whole Hog
1. Jack's Down Home
2. PA Midnite Smoker
3. Hog Feathers
4. Pig Pen
5. Five Families
6. Hawgs gone Smokin
7. Pork & Deans
8. Lo n Slo
9. Pigs in Blankets
10. Colombos

Aagain, congrats everybody!

Congrats folks! I was thinking of you all as I heard the rain coming down. Got a taste of it last night as the sky opened up just after we fired up the egg - you are a hearty bunch!

Congrats to Midnite Smokers on the Grand and Dan on the RGC! Way to go Sal! 2 top 10's and 6th overall, woo hoo!! Congrats George on the 1st in chicken and to all the brethren who walked.

Congrats to all who got calls and put up with that rain! Wish I could have made it to see you. Way to go Brethren.

Congrats to all that walked! I did stop by but I was there during turn-ins, so I tried not to interrupt people. Looks like it was wet but like always was a good event.

Chicken
1. WATG?
2. 3 Eyz
3. Smokin Dudes
4. Tarheel Smokers
5. Christmas City
6. BBQ Guru
7. Mr Mark's
8. Guts Smokehouse
9. I Smell Smoke
10. Jumping Dog
26. Backyard All-Stars :-D

Ribs
1. Smokey T's Pit Crew
2. BBQ Guru
3. I Smell Smoke
4. It's Just BBQ
5. Smokin Swine
6. Chix, Swine & Bovine
7. Backyard All-Stars :biggrin:
8. Brique House
9. 3 Eyz
10. Redneck Pitkrew

Pork
1. Free Range BBQ
2. PA Midnite Smoker
3. Smokin Gnome
4. Guts Smokehouse
5. Jack's Down HomeBBQ
6. Chix ,Swine & Bovine
7. Tarheel Smokers
8. Big Ugly's
9. Pigs by the Moon
10. Backyard All-Stars :-D

Brisket
1. PA Midnite Smoker
2. Smokin Swine
3. Lo n Slo BBQ
4. R2-BQ
5. Smokin Gnome
6. Philly Pigs
7. Pigheaded BBQ
8. Black Tie BBQ
9. Dizzy Pig
10. HMH BBQ
12. Backyard All-Stars :-D

First thing I want to say is congrats to all who toughed out some crappy weather. We were pretty lucky but some teams had to splash through a lot of mud and standing water. Most people would pack up and go home with weather like that but the BBQ folks were tough (or crazy) enough to stick it out.

Second, congrats to all who walked. As usual, lots of Brethren teams got calls. Way to represent! :-D

Third, we had an awesome weekend. I really enjoyed catching up with as many of you as I could and I'm sorry that I didn't get around to a few of you, Lo n Slo and Smookin Gnome included. You guys are at every contest we do but I never seem to manage to get over and say hi. I only wish I had time to do more of these contests with you all. Vinny, We missed you this weekend.

And last...,

John, where's the video??? :oops::biggrin:

What about Kids Q?

Last edited:
Congrats to all that walked. Really sorry that we missed the event but Josh was having stomach problems and still is. We may have lost our spot for next year. It was good coming up Friday and seeing a number of people. I hope that you enjoyed the orzo and roasted vegie entree. HBope to you @ Schrewsbury, and if not soon. Again ongrats to all.

Congrats to PA Smokers and all that walked. Too bad we couldn't make it. Hopefully next year we will not loose our spot.

first time I've ever been at a contest where if I seriously thought about going home friday night,, and the rain had nothing to do with it,, been fighting a sinus infection for over a week ,and this weekend it decided to get worse,, but we toughed it out,, didn't do so well excpet for our 10th place ribs,, but still as always a good contest, Congrats to all that got calls, Did make it to the pub saturday night for dinner,, along with a bunch of other brethren,,,, where Sal was banished to the corner..lol... now gotta get ready for W. Virginia in two weeks,, hopefully this sinus infection will clear out by then...

Congrats to all who walked.

But I'd like to send out a big-time Congrats to my buddy and fellow Brethren, Dan of 3 Eyz BBQ. Wow, you are on a roll, dude!! Way to go!!

Back