• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bagna cauda

Sounds intersting also sounds like a big ole mess of the stuff can you make like 1/4 recipe?

Funny - I was looking for Bagna Cauda recipes earlier this week. I like Q Egg's version - seems more original.

Errrrmmm....I just so happen to have each of these ingredients on hand right now. I am trying so hard to resist making it. With the pregnant wife, I have already been getting the "sympathy belly". I don't need this.

Oh man....my waistline did not need to be reminded of this!:becky:

So good!:hungry:

The last time I made it it was just olive oil, butter, garlic and anchovies. I had to try it after seeing an episode of Babylon 5. Awesome. Great thread!

We are enjoying this tremendously.
Made a large pot last night and we are enjoying it with fresh Italian bread as we speak.
Thanks for the bump!

Man, I don't know if I did something wrong or what (didn't really change the recipe except for adding a couple head of roasted garlic)
Tried this stuff on Christmas, and it just wasn't that great.
I wasn't the only one either - no one really seemed crazy about it.
Something about the consistency just wasn't right for me.

Tried it again on New years eve, using a more traditional recipe
(this:)
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Appetizers/BagnaCauda.htm
OMG, this stuff was freakin awesome!! (also added most of a head of roasted garlic to this too)
I made it a little different in how I prepared the garlic and used a hand mixer to mix the 2 parts together (then added a little more oil).
Had it with veggies and some tomato basil bread from Panera.

Anyone who has made the cream soup variety or has made neither must try this one.
I'd like to hear others' comparison of the two.

A few moments ago my husband came into the room and said "my BBQ forum has 6 pages on Bagna Caulda". Not believing this I came in and read all the entries. My Northern Italian family have been making BC since my Nona came from Piedmont in 1909 and this is not anything like an authentic Bagna Caulda (Hot Bath). We traditionally make this on Christmas Eve. Here goes the recipe.
4 sticks of butter
1 head of garlic minced
8 tins of anchovies
heavy cream (exact amt I don't know, about 1/2 C)

heat until butter melted and hot. Serve like a fondue or on a hot plate.Serve with Chianti, crusty Italian bread, cabbage, celery, green peppers, mushrooms, or anything you like.
My husband will not eat it, the fool, and he claims the towels I use the next morning reek of garlic. Sounds like a good thing to me. Martha Stewart of all people has a recipe too.
I will survey my family and see if the mushroom soup one is worth a try.

Back