Uds barrels

Looks like the lining is in them. Look for unlined when you can. We sell those for burn barrels. Steve.

If you really want a barrel, PM me. I have a few similar to this that were given to me. I plan to have them sand blasted once it warms up a bit. However, if you are spending money, call around. There are a couple barrel places in KC, KS (down in the bottoms off of 635 I believe) that others have gotten unlined barrels really cheap. Trust me, its worth the extra $15-$25 dollars if a barrel is unlined and costs $40 or less.

Edit: See below from a PM regarding A-1 Barrel Co in KCK:

Originally Posted by misterrachel
I just walked in and asked for an open head drum, "appropriate for building a smoker". They gave me a reconditioned drum that they had painted black. I believe he charged me $28 or $29 total. Just be careful not to make the same mistake that I made. I had them put the drum in my backseat and I drove home without opening my windows. I was terribly dizzy for the rest of the day from the paint fumes (the paint didn't fully cure until I did my test burn).

Just thought it might be a source for some, don't need any. I am in the Hazardous Waste buisiness and we too get ours from A-1. $30.00 for open top and $25.00 for closed top re-conditioned. Yea, they are freshly painted and takes a little while to cure once I put them in my warehouse.

There are a couple barrel places in KC, KS (down in the bottoms off of 635 I believe)

Yep. Consolidated Container on State Line Road just about a 1/4 mile south of the American Royal. Unlined clean drums with locking lids for $25 each. Just picked up three of them for myself last week.

Last edited:
Yep. Consolidated Container on State Line Road just about a 1/4 mile south of the American Royal. Unlined clean drums with locking lids for $25 each. Just picked up three of them for myself last week.

Will have to check them out next time I go out a buy barrels here for work. Thanks

I've been looking for a good place to pick up barrels. Do they carry a pretty good supply for "walk in" buyers?

I've been looking for a good place to pick up barrels. Do they carry a pretty good supply for "walk in" buyers?

It varies. As of Friday they had 30-40 in the warehouse, which is normal, but there are times when they have less or more. I'll PM you the guy's number so you can call ahead to verify. If you're not real familiar with the area he'll also hook you up with directions.

Back