View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #15
Mr. Bo
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqbull View Post
Looks great Bo. The cheese I smoke seems to get smokier after a few days in the fridge.

I use ice cubes in a half hotel pan when the temps are a bit warmer here when smoking cheese. Might want to give that a try next time to help keep temps down.
Thanks Bull. I read somewhere about the ice in the pan. Think it was your post but not sure. I seriously considered trying that but I faced a dilema of sorts.... Ice the beer or the smoker. I chose the beer. But next time I'll have an extra bag of ice on hand.

Quote:
That looks good Bo! Great idea for a gift as well.

With all the smoked cheese talk that's been going on lately, here's my question. Does the cheese absorb the smoke, or does it simply stick to the surface. If you cut a slice from the center of a smoked cheese block, would it have any smoke flavor to it?
I'm not sure but I think it would depend on the texture of the cheese as to how much, if any, smoke permeated the inside. Different cheeses do have different textures. The monterey jack and colby probably aren't porous enough to absorb a lot of smoke into the inside. Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in here.
Traeger Lil Pig
Mr. Bo is offline   Reply With Quote