Wings...People Choice

BoneDaddy's

Take a breath!
Reaction score
So if you are given a bunch of whole wings for People's Choice...no rules...would you separate and would you deep fry them!

Deep fry seems wrong to me!

I would separate, brine, fairly heavy rub, cook hot, toss 1/2 in wing sauce + butter, serve other 1/2 plain.

I would separate. Then rub them down and grill them. Put them in a big pan. Put lots Franks Hot sauce and a good ranch dressing on them. Foil them up and let set in the smoker until they all most fall apart. (mix the ranch and franks together before pouring over wings.)

Whenever we have a wings contest, we smoke first then fry at the end to crisp them up. You could do the same thing with a really hot smoker,but them you have to deal with a really hot smoker.

Whenever we have a wings contest, we smoke first then fry at the end to crisp them up. You could do the same thing with a really hot smoker,but them you have to deal with a really hot smoker.

If you have never tried wings like this you have to try it. I smoke mine with a dry rub, then fry for 3 to 5 minutes to crisp the skin up, then toss some in sauce and leave others plain. Best wings ever, YMMV

Always separate; more samples = more votes.

Smoked wings do alright, but the public is used to wings being fried. Johnny does a breaded, double fry jumbo wing that won King of the Wing title every time out until he retired from competition.

Agreed. Smoke them first and if you can fry them at the end they will pretty much fall off the bone.

Back