Hot stuff needed.

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am looking for something that will add heat to my food without adding anything else, such as color, or taste, just heat. I thought about this while making a pot of chicken and dumpling last night. It turned out very good, but was thinking I would like to add some heat to mine, but nothing I have or could think of in addition to pepper would add heat without changing anything else. Anyone have an idea?
Dave

Someone once gave me a bottle of "Liquid Stoopid" hot (!) sauce. You know the guy that always says that you can't make it too hot for him? This stuff will do the trick :twisted:. No flavor, no color - just pure-D H O T !

Law enforcement grade pepper spray 5.3 million scoville units that is more than a Trinidad scorpoin:biggrin1: A little squirt will do ya

Law enforcement grade pepper spray 5.3 million scoville units that is more than a Trinidad scorpoin:biggrin1: A little squirt will do ya

Ok I just mossy up to a couple cops and kick one of them in the chins.:wink:
Dave

You can just float a habanero if it happens to be something soupy. You get the heat and can remove the pepper. It won't add much color or flavor. Chile water! Boil down jalapeños, habaneros, etc. Strain. Basically, a chile broth. It will have color to it though. These would more for use during the cooking process though and not afterward as u would use a hot sauce, etc.

Bob

I use Pure Ghost it does have salt, onion and garlic with the bhut Jolokia (ghost) pepper but you don't need much

Most of the super hot sauces are simply Capsaicin extract, you can buy it. Just pure heat, nothing else. You can also flavor oils or vinegars with green jalapenos, using no more than 160F of heat. It will extract for you. Using oil is more effective than vinegar or water.

For soups, as Bob said, floating a habanero or worse, just put a few slits in it, and you will get more heat with no detectable color.

The problem here is I just want something to put in my food, my wife could not take anything more than the black pepper I use and sometimes not even that so much. So floating a pepper like Bob suggested wont work in this case, but tomorrow I may put some jalapenos in some oil, heat as Landarc said, then let set for a few days. I looked for capsicum on the internet but only saw it in bulk buys.
Dave

Back