anything butt

fat heads bbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
i need some ideas for anything butt, for upcoming comp. just lookin for some inspiration.:icon_blush:

slap it up, flip it, rub it down, oh nooo the girls gonna do me
I like big butts and I can not lie.......
Oh wait you meant poke butts huh.

We have won 1st places with these all and not made top 10 at the next comp.
Surf and Turf: filet with bearnaise and salmon with hoisin or blackened snapper
Smoked chicken lasagna
Cajun ribeye with crawfish pontchartrain
Pork butt
Southwestern cedar plank tilapia with chimichurri and pico
Applebee's bourbon street steak
Skirt steak pinwheels with roasted red pepper, spinach and cream cheese.

I'd put a lot of weight on what Ron said above. If the cost far exceeds the reward, I know a majority of cooks tend to pass.

Oh yeah, one last thought. Make sure to verify the cash prize fund if there is one. Nothing worse than winning an AB contest and going home with no cash due to an unscrupulous organizer. $5 plaques 'aint all that cool after the first 2 minutes.

Best of luck.

For "Anything Butt" meat prepare something you love to eat and that is not found in every local restaurant around the contest location.

Personal litmus test on Anything Butt

1) Spend no more than $30 to chase a $100 prize and a Little League Trophy.
2) Only enter if time permits. Long drives with late afternoon arrives may not allow enough time to properly prepare the entry and to prep for the KCBS contest.
3) If it takes away for the main focus (KCBS Contest) respectfully bow out.
4) Request a copy of the rules. If the rules are not clear from the organizer up front, don't enter. Organizers are known to change the rules on the fly.
5) If samples have to be provided to the General Public, i.e. People Choice, don't enter.
6) If the weather becomes a factor, respectfully bow out. (At a recent contest with on site judging, it rained all day and into the evening. The wind was not kind to tents of several teams. We bowed out as did several other teams. Not worth risking the lost of equipment. We are a tent team, didn't set up until the front passed late in the evening.)

Chicken breast stuffed with Portobello Mushrooms and Baby Shrimp with a light Madeira Sauce (Chicken Lariana). It is delicious and easy to do on a grill.

Back