View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #42
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I would add, there is a danger in looking at someone who does a lot of BBQ in mass quantities and assuming that everything they do applies to a single piece of meat. If you watch Pitmaster T's videos, he is always cooking for his church, large amounts of meat. he rubs heavily, but, it is what he doesn't say. You can see he handles the meat, like it's meat, not fine china, he uses a lot of rub, but, he does not put the meat right onto the pit, it sits, as he gets everything else done. He cooks hot and direct, this changes how the pepper cooks, and makes it milder.

I would suspect that he has a very different amount of rub on his meat, and a very different grade of pepper in there as well. A person who is cooking 30 briskets a day is not grinding fresh Tellicherry pepper each day, he is using food service black pepper, 16 screen, straight from the bottle. Right there, is a big difference. I would bet that Aaron Franklin doesn't really do what he showed in that video when he is burning 45 to 60 briskets a day either.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->