• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

550 fuel tank to smoker

They're wanting like 350 smackers!!! I'm gonna have to visit the blood bank! lol

LOL might have too.. lol.. try and talk them down.. explain how you are building a grill and will need to be back to get tube, angle iron, expanded metal.. etc.. and you are wanting them to work with you on the price.. its worth a try.. worse they can say is No.. :twitch:

Check craigslist for the steel sheets. There is guy who sells the expanded steel sheets down the road from me.

or....I'll just come back after lights out! lol I'll ask what they can do, he seemed pretty cool with me on the phone. Where do you live again.... lol

or....I'll just come back after lights out! lol I'll ask what they can do, he seemed pretty cool with me on the phone. Where do you live again.... lol

Or take you a Roadtrip down to Arkansas! lol.. i will get you fixed up with some metal.. but if you factor in gas.. that 350 a sheet is a lot cheaper!! lol

Hey, you gotta problem where i keep my caulking gun??

Not as much as I got a farking problem the way you line up your 3" putty knives....

Everyone knows there are only two acceptable ways to align them.... either left to right, over lapping from stiff to flexible increments.... OVERLAPPING each one, OR Right to left, overlapping from degree of shininess.

You have the center one overlapping the left AND right puddy knife, which is only acceptable south the Missouri Compromise and then ONLY if the top one is beveled. Commie!

At least your lubricants are arranged according to viscosity. So... ur not a total dweeb!

Thanks DownHome! It's actually bigger than I thought! 72X48. Gonna have to refigure fb size! If anyone has any suggestions, sure would love to hear them. I cut a 15X9 rectangle in her, hopefully will start burning tonight! Do you thing the 4" and 2-2" holes at the top will be sufficent to get a good exhaust for my burn?

Black walnut is good to smoke with.. use it sparingly though.. could oversmoke meats easily with it..
Ah-ha! I thought I was the only one here to recommend black walnut. I find it produces a mild flavor but best to heed DownHomeQue's warning and try it sparingly until you know how it works.

Well day 1 of the build went ok... Gonna cut the lid, hinge it, and burn again. Don't think I got a good enough burn yesterday! I was thinking of using the round bar with square tubing for hinges. Any input Brethren on this??? Will upload more pics today! Any and all suggestions or comments are welcome. I would rather someone tell me I'm doing it wrong before I do it! lol

To paraphrase Mic Dundee, "now that's a burn"!

Hahaha! It was so hot, used the heat to heat up the metal chairs we were sitting in! I'm struggling with the fb size though. I have figured 35x35x35 Does this sound to big brethren??? Need some input on this one! If I could go smaller I would like too!

Last edited:
Back