How to Host A Competition/Fundraiser

H

handsandhearts

Hi All-

My name's Carolyn and I work for a therapeutic horseback riding center in Thomasville, GA. We've decided to host a BBQ Competition/Fundraiser and we're taking a year or so to make sure that we've organized it right before we start. Do you guys have any suggestions? What do we need to provide, what's the best time of year, and how should we attract the best of the best to compete?

Thanks for your help and check out our website to find out more of our program: handsandheartsforhorses.com

-Carolyn

First and foremost it would be a good idea to get your contest sanctioned. check the KCBS Bullsheet to make sure that there are no conflicting contest dates. Facilities are big with cooking teams ( electricity, water. etc. ) To get the big guns you will more than likely have to have a decent pay out for prize money. Sponsors can help with the prize money issue.

This is just the tip of the iceberg but I hope it helps some. BTW welcome to the best BBQ site on the web. You will find a great group of guys and gals here.

Good Luck

Spice

Carolyn

Not to take anything away from the KCBS but also please check out this site www.flbbq.org
The Florida BBQ Association has some good events sanctioned in GA.
The people working in the FBA are real go getters and will help you get organized.
June 2-3, 2006 St Marys River Festival St Marys, GA (FBA)
April 14-15, 2006 Barnesville BBQ Cookoff Barnesville, GA (FBA)
October 5-6, 2007 Coweta Up In Smoke Barbecue Cook-off Newnan, GA (FBA)

Good luck with your cook off.
I will make the trip....

Back