Minor's Pork Base

Really? Nasty? That's strange. I have a jar, but haven't tasted it yet. Can you describe the taste? Was it just that it wasn't a good flavor for you? Or do you think it would be tough for anyone to like it?

I am interested as well as I have an unopened container as well. Not sure how I will use it, but any and all info is great.

wallace

Not Minors, but I've used Beef and Pork base as a slurry on the appropriate meat. I thin the base with water to a thin paste and rub on the meat. The spice rub is applied over/into it. Works for me. Don't think I would inject it though.

Really? Nasty? That's strange. I have a jar, but haven't tasted it yet. Can you describe the taste? Was it just that it wasn't a good flavor for you? Or do you think it would be tough for anyone to like it?

Its been a little while since I tried it, but I do remember it did not taste good at all. I'm open to almost any kind of flavors, and I'm definitely not a picky eater. I can't really describe the taste because it's been too long. When you try it, let me know what you think. Who knows, maybe I didn't use the correct water to base ratio!

Its been a little while since I tried it, but I do remember it did not taste good at all. I'm open to almost any kind of flavors, and I'm definitely not a picky eater. I can't really describe the taste because it's been too long. When you try it, let me know what you think. Who knows, maybe I didn't use the correct water to base ratio!

Ya never know. I know its kept refrigerated at Restaurant Depot unlike the other brands. It may be possible that the jar you had might have started to turn.

Either way I'm hoping to try it this weekend so I will let everyone know.

Have you ever tasted Butchers or FAB before injecting? Kind of nasty too. I would try it anyway, and see what it tastes like after the cook.

Have you ever tasted Butchers or FAB before injecting? Kind of nasty too. I would try it anyway, and see what it tastes like after the cook.

I know that Stubbs Pork Marinade that people like to pour into the foil doesn't taste too good either.

Never used that brand but I have used pork base to make some mean country gravy... The one I used was extremely salty! I believe it was a Sysco brand.

OK. I don't typically share stuff like this, but I had already bought a jar before starting this thread. Well this past weekend I used it for the first time as an injection at a 43 team comp.

I just bought three more jars...

...take that for what its worth.

Pretty much any injection that works well is going to taste bad out of the bottle, since 90% of it renders out by the time the meat is done it has to be extra strong. Injection is a whole different animal than sauce - it's not "ready to eat". Only way to know for sure how it will work is to cook some meat!

Minors is an excellent product, they have a vegtable base, chicken base, seafood base, chipotle base etc...try different combos..

I use the Minor's beef base and au jus base for briskets. They're bacon base is very good for pork injection and to use around the house to use in flavoring veggies and other cooking. You do have to refrigerate them.

I use the Minor's beef base and au jus base for briskets. They're bacon base is very good for pork injection and to use around the house to use in flavoring veggies and other cooking. You do have to refrigerate them.

Wait......Bacon Base???..................BACON BASE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:shocked:

Back