• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

brisket price thread. for your local area

I got a flat on sale at Publix for 3 a pound up in Charleston a couple of weeks ago.

Brisket deals

Tom Thumb has packers for 1.49 lb.
smoked two last week. Headed back today for some freezer stock.

I envy all of you who can actually get brisket in your area... Can't find it in a single grocery store in the area, would probably have to travel 3.5 hours to Appleton/Green Bay's Sams Club to possibly find it.. Been wanting to try a brisket for a few years now, but IMO it's not worth the $6-7 a pound to have it specially ordered from the one butcher shop that would actually try and find it for me. The pains of living in the northern Midwest...

$1.37 lb. for choice packers at Krogers this week. Had to throw a few in the freezer.:clap2:

I noted $2.58 at Walmart today, but I did not notice if it was Select or Choice. I wasn't buying, just was curious. I was in GFS right after that, and saw Choice for $2.49. Sams here only has flats. I think they may be $4.99, as someone else mentioned. I'm not certain. I do know that a friend bought 4 of those flats from Sam's a few weeks ago, so that I could cook them for his son's graduation party. They were in cryo, not trimmed of fat, but without the point. They cooked very nicely, and were delicious.
As a side note, the reason that I was in both Walmart and GFS today was that I was buying spares. The Walmart spares were "enhanced". I read that, and left the store. GFS had spares for $0.10 more ($2.09 vs $1.99), no added "solution".

In Houston WalMart has Choise for $1.77 lb bought 2 11.5 lbs ones yesterday...

Major grocery stores around me (Wegmans and Tops) have them off and on for $5/lb during the summer, but they only stock a few at a time. They go up to around $8-$9 in the colder months.

A place near me called Market in the Square has them year round for $3-ish.

An even smaller place that's on my route to work is where I've been getting them- they sell them all day long at around $2.80. Last trip I bought 1 to cook and one to freeze.

Jusy made a trek into one of 2 butcher shops in Melbourne that stocks Cape Grimm Beef.

A whole packer is $19.50 a kilo, so that's about 9 bucks a pound.

That sounds like a lot, but that Cape Grim is the closest thing to Wagyu you can get, perhaps even better considering Aussie Titch's recent Wagyu experiment.

Cheers!

Bill

1.77 choice at walmart,.....found a black angus choice packer at HEB 1.77 lb also, I'm cooking that one this weekend!

$1.37 lb. for choice packers at Krogers this week. Had to throw a few in the freezer.:clap2:

The flats were so thin that I passed they would be jerky by the time they were done... I was kind of mad at Krogers...

Back